Helena High School is a highly rated, public school located in Helena, AL. It has 1,216 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Helena High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-158 Students
- A154 Students
- A137 Students
- B108 Students
- B85 Students
- A-71 Students
- A-61 Students
- B-59 Students
- B50 Students
- B50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Helena High School Reviews
Helena High School is the perfect school for students whom are serious about their future aspirations, or still in questioning, to attend. This education system has an extremely intelligent administration and staff which of whom are heavily dedicated in making sure each and every one of their students succeed in their studies as well as establishing strong connections for guidance. The student body is fairly diverse and open, giving an opportunity for students to freely express themselves and learn about one another. This school has a wide variety of clubs and organizations for students to choose from so that each student has one category to fall under and become involved with. Overall, Helena High School is a highly recommended school to attend to achieve college preparedness.
I love the teachers and students. Though the fine arts are overlooked and attention is primarily given to the sports i feel as though the arts department do their share of representation great! The rapid rise of students coming to the school has made the school seem a bit small for the amount of new students we welcome each new year. Some teachers I feel are not appreciated the way they should be. Many students that are invloved with sports get away with things that those involved in the fine arts would never be able to get out of a day in their life. Overall the school is great and I would be happy to send my future children here.
The best school in the State! Community involvement is unmatched. Students are engaged and work hard! Only in existence since 2014, already have State championships in Alabamas 6A Baseball, Soccer and Final 4 appearances in Softball and Basketball. Great school great city of 18,500 in Metro Bham.