Heber Springs High School
- HEBER SPRINGS, AR
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Heber Springs High School is a public school located in HEBER SPRINGS, AR. It has 448 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Heber Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B119 Students
- grade B89 Students
- grade A minus85 Students
- grade B84 Students
- grade C+70 Students
- grade B+43 Students
- grade B38 Students
- grade A28 Students
- grade C+26 Students
- grade A minus19 Students
View Homes Near Heber Springs High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responses
- Pep Rallies15%
- Special Olympics15%
- Pep rallies5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,999 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 15 responses
Schools like Heber Springs High School
- grade B minusPangburn High School
- Pangburn School District, AR
- Rating 3.1 out of 5 39 reviews
- grade B minusRose Bud High School
- Rose Bud School District, AR
- Rating 3.43 out of 5 21 reviews
- grade BQuitman High School
- Quitman School District, AR
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 33 reviews
- grade BConcord High School
- Concord School District, AR
- Rating 3.33 out of 5 21 reviews
Heber Springs High School Reviews
Rating 3.47 out of 5 99 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I like the community support at Heber Springs. We have so many students, staff and community cheering us at sports and music and art events. Our school has the most spirit in the county. Our school is very focused on the learning just as it is on sports and figuring out your path for life. Our school helps prepare you for the real world. One thing I would change about our school is the cell phone rule. Only because in the real world people have their cell phones and we don't learn anything if we can't work with them.
Heber Springs High School has been a wonderful experience, I was never the best student academically, but with the help of many teachers guiding me into the right direction, I received tons of help. I will forever be thankful for many of the Teachers who helped me become who I am today, and that pushed me to go to college. The Principal was a big help as well, he guided me in the right direction, and motivated me everyday to graduate and further my education.
The administration within Heber Springs School District could use some major improvement. However, the staff is very friendly and quick to help. The students are very respectful and helpful towards each other. I seem to have lost a lot of opportunities to expand my knowledge within Heber, but I feel that Heber isn't to blame for that, rather the American Educational system as a whole.