Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Heber Springs High School is a public school located in Heber Springs, AR. It has 482 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Heber Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B115 Students
- B84 Students
- B-76 Students
- A-75 Students
- C+66 Students
- B+42 Students
- B-35 Students
- B-26 Students
- A-25 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Heber Springs High School Reviews
I like the community support at Heber Springs. We have so many students, staff and community cheering us at sports and music and art events. Our school has the most spirit in the county. Our school is very focused on the learning just as it is on sports and figuring out your path for life. Our school helps prepare you for the real world. One thing I would change about our school is the cell phone rule. Only because in the real world people have their cell phones and we don't learn anything if we can't work with them.
Heber Springs High School has been a wonderful experience, I was never the best student academically, but with the help of many teachers guiding me into the right direction, I received tons of help. I will forever be thankful for many of the Teachers who helped me become who I am today, and that pushed me to go to college. The Principal was a big help as well, he guided me in the right direction, and motivated me everyday to graduate and further my education.
The administration within Heber Springs School District could use some major improvement. However, the staff is very friendly and quick to help. The students are very respectful and helpful towards each other. I seem to have lost a lot of opportunities to expand my knowledge within Heber, but I feel that Heber isn't to blame for that, rather the American Educational system as a whole.