Heard County High School
- FRANKLIN, GA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Heard County High School is an above average, public school located in FRANKLIN, GA. It has 586 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Heard County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus107 Students
- grade A+73 Students
- grade B58 Students
- grade B minus45 Students
- grade B+41 Students
- grade A minus38 Students
- grade B+37 Students
- grade B minus37 Students
- grade A+35 Students
- grade B35 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Heard County High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responses
- Academic award programs26%
- Football games11%
- Marching down with the band to the football games5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,114 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Heard County High School Reviews
Rating 3.84 out of 5 95 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I personally loved Heard County High School. I felt very safe at this school, very cared for by the teachers, very involved in student-life, and very encouraged by the teachers/administration. I am always proud to say that I'm from Heard County High School! I am looking forward to seeing Heard County prepare more students for college more effectively and offering a more diverse amount of classes to the students. The facilities that Heard County provides for their students are top-notch, and the school's culture and environment is excellent. Heard County is always open to the opinions of the students and as a result, a diverse amount of clubs and programs have emerged.
Heard is county is a very small school in the middle of nowhere. However, this makes for a close community. Heard county is rather like a huge family. Some may not like you but somebody else will always have your back. In fact, many teachers and administrators will go out of their way to help you with anything they can. There isn't a lot to do in Heard County and not too much variety of classes are offered, but they make the best of what they have. Friday night football games bring in the entire town and opens opportunities for many classes to get involved. The Warcry films the games, Journalism photographs the event, Art paints the banisters, and clubs volunteer.
When i went there back in the day, lol...i really lived my school, there were so many good teachers, fun classes (band, music etc). Had alot to choose from as far as preparing you for the work force like, construction, drafting, nursing, administrative. I had alot of wonderful friends...this school system made you feel like you were important and a member of the family.