Health Careers High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B368 Students
- A+305 Students
- A+215 Students
- A155 Students
- B150 Students
- A-140 Students
- A-122 Students
- A-107 Students
- B+100 Students
- A+99 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 138 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.42 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
Health Careers High School Reviews
Review Health Careers High School
Overall, I really enjoy being a student at Health Careers! The one thing we are known for is our abundance of homework, and at times that gets very overwhelming. Although I feel teachers often overdo it with the amount they assign, I do think it's contributing to our high school experience and our college readiness once we graduate. Our school is extremely diverse, and it truly feels like a family, there's such a great and welcoming atmosphere! We may be small, but I couldn't imagine graduating from any other high school!
Health Careers is not a typical high school, it's a magnet school. The cons of Health Careers are the sports. The sports that are offered are swimming, cross country, and tennis. Our school didn't get to experience homecoming, basketball or football games. Another con is that our school is underfunded. We don't get the different resources than other schools. The pros of health careers are the teachers. Most teachers offer more than class time for their students. They care about their student's education. It's easy to tell that they believe their job is more than just a paycheck. The academics are more advanced and challenging. My education has grown with useful medical knowledge. The challenging academics goes into college readiness. Health Careers has been academically challenging that it makes college a breeze. Health Careers has done an excellent job in preparing their students for college. Overall, my experience at Health Careers was difficult yet rewarding.
Great educated teachers, lots of hands-on learning. Solid preparation for the medical field. Tight-knit group of people because of the small student body - 18 years after graduation, I'm still in regular contact with a large number of my former classmates!