Headland High School is a public school located in Headland, AL. It has 365 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Headland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B111 Students
- A85 Students
- B75 Students
- A73 Students
- A-62 Students
- B47 Students
- B-26 Students
- C-23 Students
- A-23 Students
- B22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Headland High School Reviews
My family and I moved to Headland when I was in the seventh grade and instantly fell in love with it’s charming, small town feel. I am currently a senior at Headland High School and have yet to be disappointed with anything the schools have to offer. Go Rams!
Headland High School is a great school to attend when a student is looking for guidance and instruction. The teachers seem to care a lot about their students' performance, and they are passionate about teaching. Classes are also easier because they run a block schedule in which a student only has four periods instead of seven. This gives students time to focus on a few subjects at a time without stressing over other classes as regular students would with seven period classes. The environment is also very friendly because the students are very uplifting and supportive. Headland High School is a great school, but there needs to be a few improvements: investment in more advanced technology and renovation in some of the older buildings. Although these improvements need to take place, Headland High School is an amazing school to attend!
Headland High School is a great school with many opportunities. It has many sports, clubs, and organizations to be a part of that are sure to help you in your future. The faculty and staff at the school are welcoming and always available to help you with whatever you may need. The school also allows students to participate in traditions that have been around since the school was founded. Overall, Headland High School is a great school for anyone.