H.C. Williams Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Canton, NY. It has 389 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
H.C. Williams Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C20 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-12 Students
- A-11 Students
- A-10 Students
- A-10 Students
- B+8 Students
- B8 Students
- A-7 Students
- A7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review H.C. Williams Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like H.C. Williams Senior High School
- B-Norwood-Norfolk High School
- Norwood-Norfolk Central School District, NY
- 64 reviews
- B+Potsdam Senior High School
- Potsdam Central School District, NY
- 20 reviews
- COgdensburg Free Academy
- Ogdensburg City School District, NY
- 30 reviews
- C+Edwards-Knox Junior/Senior High School
- Edwards-Knox Central School District, NY
- 31 reviews
H.C. Williams Senior High School Reviews
I graduated from H.C. Williams last year and have felt very prepared for college as a freshman. I had some amazing teachers that really shaped my interests and allowed me to grow into my passion for learning. The teachers and staff here WANT to help you. H.C. Williams is a small, rural school, but a very welcoming place that tries to stay as updated as possible. The faculty here works hard to accommodate to students’ interests and requests. This is a high school I would (some day) want my own kids to attend.
The teachers are incredibly helpful and provide a safe environment for all. There are many clubs, classes, and sports teams for people of all interests. Safety is a top priority. The only problem is a little more affirmative action on complaints of bullying would be appreciated by many.
Idk, its okay. We have some AP's, the food is terrible, teachers are good for the most part, Hall way decorating is the best. For safety we are pretty good.