Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Hazleton Area High School is a public school located in Hazle Township, PA. It has 3,433 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Hazleton Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+316 Students
- B284 Students
- A-279 Students
- B185 Students
- C153 Students
- A140 Students
- B139 Students
- A-132 Students
- A-119 Students
- B93 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 142 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.87 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.96 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.96 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.96 responses
Schools like Hazleton Area High School
- C+Hanover Area Junior/Senior High School
- Hanover Area School District, PA
- 113 reviews
- B-Mahanoy Area Junior-Senior High School
- Mahanoy Area School District, PA
- 35 reviews
- BJim Thorpe Area High School
- Jim Thorpe Area School District, PA
- 134 reviews
- B-Berwick Area High School
- Berwick Area School District, PA
- 158 reviews
Hazleton Area High School Reviews
I’m a Hispanic female that has both perspectives of society in this school.There are always poorly raised kids and teachers that make our education unbearable.While there are others that make our time a bit worthy.It provides me with skills that I can apply to my daily life and career.They are very rigid with headphones and backpacks, which makes it a pain to carry all your books.However,their safety for their students is unheard of.You don’t have to wear uniforms, which is nice.The resources don’t usually respond immediately because of the shortage.Although, it forces us to adapt to reality and improvise.The diversity is excellent.There is a division between sports and education.This school gets a bad reputation because of its corruption among the years.I say it’s a regular school with regular problems.This school transforms you according to how you are influenced by your surroundings and can open our eyes to see how the real world is on your own.
My experience at Hazleton Area High School has been nothing but fenomenal! For the past three years, I’ve created happy memories and good friends. Hazleton Area High School has prepared me for my life outside of school, and I am nothing but thankful for that. Not only did teachers fill my brain with knowledge, they helped me grow to the young adult I am today. My principal has been the most influential person here. He always reminds his students of how important they are to him, and I think that really matters. Hazleton Area High School is a safe place where you can create wonderful memories and remember them for a life time.
One thing I would hope to see a change is with their dedication to the Arts and Humanities Academy. I have spent all four years of high school within that program, and have not received the full potential that was promoted for us during informational events. This issue had nothing to do with the teachers, but with the administration. The program has been secluded from the rest of the high school for most of the day, and was forgotten by administrators the majority of the time. Most of the students contain a great amount of talent for whatever they possess, and it is heartbreaking to see their potential not be fulfilled by resources be limited from what the district fails to provide. Within my own class, I felt I was being held back considering my teacher was not qualified to teach the class. There was improvement in the typical academics like English and American Studies. I wish that the future freshmen will receive classes for them to improve their talents and prosper.