Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Hazelwood West High School is an above average, public school located in Hazelwood, MO. It has 2,112 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Hazelwood West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-275 Students
- B232 Students
- A230 Students
- B195 Students
- B-174 Students
- A+160 Students
- B+150 Students
- A-142 Students
- B+138 Students
- B+125 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 121 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Schools like Hazelwood West High School
- CHazelwood Central High School
- Hazelwood School District, MO
- 383 reviews
- C-Hazelwood East High School
- Hazelwood School District, MO
- 175 reviews
- CMcCluer North High School
- Ferguson-Florissant R-II School District, MO
- 344 reviews
- B-Ritenour Senior High School
- Ritenour School District, MO
- 264 reviews
Hazelwood West High School Reviews
Hazelwood West High school exceeds the expectations for its academics and diversity. The teachers here at West go above and beyond the requirements for teaching. They continuously create a safe and positive learning environment, which betters the experience for their students. Furthermore, safety at Hazelwood West is very good. As a student, I never felt unsafe to the point where I was afraid to come to school. The teachers, hall monitors, and security do an outstanding job ensuring the safety of the students. One area for improvement is the involvement in sports and activities. The goal for the future should be to greatly encourage participation in athletics and clubs.
My experience at Hazelwood West High School has been amazing. The staff there are amazing. From the teachers who are willing to help you pursue your future career. Hazelwood West is the best school because it is very diverse with different students from different backgrounds. At West, the different classes you can take in the path of your career is what West promotes for students to do. I also like how that West allows you to choose to go to North Tech, which students go for half a day either in the morning or afternoon. This is where students go take classes for nursing, cosmetology, wood and construction, and etc.
Hazelwood West High school was a great school to go to. The teachers all went out of their way to help students progress and pushed them to be their very best. During my years of being a student for the school, the teachers did what they could to prepare me for college. From test taking, to life habits I needed for the real world, Hazelwood West High school does it's very best to make everyone feel like a student. However, a thing I could complain about is the school food. Though it's "healthy" the food the school receives and serves can be quite appalling. Normally bread is stale and the meat is dry, fruits are sometimes not as fresh as it could be and the only drink they serve is milk, which is troublesome to people with lactose intolerance. In conclusion, Hazelwood West High Schoolcould use some changes to their meals, but the education and teachers are fantastic!