Hayden High School is a public school located in Hayden, AL. It has 862 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Hayden High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-221 Students
- B-184 Students
- B137 Students
- A129 Students
- A104 Students
- B91 Students
- B91 Students
- B82 Students
- A-80 Students
- A-58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Hayden High School Reviews
Hayden High School was probably just like any other high school. You have your clicks, bad teachers, favorite teachers, good days and bad days. My favorite thing about Hayden High School is that the Counselors— especially Mrs. Parker— is so helpful and friendly. One thing i would love to see change is the atmosphere, because you can definitely tell that even the teachers and administrators favor the popular group. I think everyone should have a fair chance at high school to make themselves a name. Overall, Hayden is not an awful school and of course it is not the best. There is always room for improvement!
Hayden High School has been wonderful. They have always made me feel like family, and I always had the support and help I needed. The teachers are wonderful, and i always have had people around to make me feel cared for! I would recommend the school to anyone. I also learned that I can push myself to do whatever I want. They made sure I was prepared for college, and they always made sure our ACT scores are good. They took the time to prepare me for my senior year in applying for school. They made sure we had everything we needed for every school. They gave us many opportunities to help us carry out our dreams.
I absolutely love my high school. You can tell that the teachers and staff genuinely care about the students. Everybody knows everybody at school. We have our fair share of drama, but it typically dies down within a few days. However, cliques are extremely common at school. People are definitely aware of which group they "belong" in, and if they are not aware, others put them in their place real fast. Overall, it's an amazing school though.