Haverhill High School is an above average, public school located in Haverhill, MA. It has 1,800 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Haverhill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A149 Students
- B+112 Students
- A+98 Students
- A+76 Students
- C+71 Students
- A+69 Students
- A-66 Students
- B63 Students
- B-59 Students
- B+54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Haverhill High School
- B+Methuen High School
- Methuen Public Schools, MA
- 186 reviews
- BWhittier Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Public School
- Haverhill, MA
- 182 reviews
- B+Lowell High School
- Lowell Public Schools, MA
- 293 reviews
- B-Greater Lowell Technical High School
- Public School
- Tyngsborough, MA
- 160 reviews
Haverhill High School Reviews
Throughout my four years at Haverhill High School, I've grown not only to become a better student, but I've also become a better person. Haverhill is a large city in Eastern Massachusettes. This makes our student and staff body is extremely diverse! Our school also opens countless oportunities to go beyond the classroom with short "study abroad" trips to Italy, China and Cuba during my years at the school. Though I've never been able to attend a trip, we also accept many exchange students through these. One of my good friends sophomore year was studying here for a year but actually lived in France! Depsite the lack of any school being perfect, my highschool has made me a well rounded individual and prepared (hopefully) future college student.
I had a good experience at Haverhill High School and although I would not do it again, I have great memories. I was challenged by the classes I took at Haverhill High, such as the AP’s and honors level classes. Going into college, I benefited from these tough classes and excelled in my first year away at a university. Although I took tough classes, I was not ready to take the SATs and definitely needed more guidance than just one PSAT test. Preparing for the years after high school, such as college, going right into work or another field should be a high schools top priority. This is not the case for Haverhill High. Sports at Haverhill High are extremely popular and every sports team has been growing and improving and as an Alum, I still follow up with sports. And if sports are not your thing, clubs are available for everyone. I think Haverhill High has a wide variety of clubs and after school activities whether it be Art club, Spanish or French club, AV club, band and many more.
Overall, I enjoyed my experience with Haverhill High School. I enjoyed the school culture and events, as well as the diversity among students. If I could change anything about the school I would say that Haverhill High needs better communication all throughout; between parents and administration, between administration and students, etc. I also think the school should really review the teaching staff and definitely make a few cuts. With some of the teachers, it felt they didn't want to be there, and that they didn't really care about the students or the material they were teaching. But, with all that aside, like I said, I did enjoy my time here, as I felt it was a good community environment and a good place to make friends.