Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Havana High School is a public school located in Havana, IL. It has 266 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B29 Students
- C+28 Students
- B25 Students
- A+21 Students
- B15 Students
- B+13 Students
- A13 Students
- A+12 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Havana High School
- C+Cuba Senior High School
- Community Unit School District No. 3, IL
- 19 reviews
- C+Midwest Central High School
- Midwest Central Community Unit School District No. 191, IL
- 40 reviews
- CLewistown Junior/Senior High School
- Lewistown Community Unit School District No. 97, IL
- 48 reviews
- C+Astoria High School
- Astoria Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 9 reviews
Havana High School Reviews
I have gone to Havana High School for all four years and I can say that I have learned a lot. Yes, each teacher has a different way of teaching, either way, you do learn the material if you try to. You have to put effort into new teaching instead of complaining the whole entire time they are teaching. Every teaching style does help you learn in different ways and I like that. They make sure you understand before they move on to a different topic. They also help you when you need it the most!
I like my high school a lot, but many opportunities that other schools are getting are being taken away from us. Many of us are being cut down because we are not receiving the knowledge that we need to succeed. Sports have and will always remain a priority over our music and drama departments. Our school needs to spend more money on our meals, as many kids will not eat lunch because our food is not appealing to them. I do like that our teachers act as one unit instead of being divided. They cover each other’s backs and it sets an example of what the students should also be doing.
Some teachers had a lot of passion and really wanted to see their students succeed. Others, not so much. Resources were limited, which is to be expected from such a small school. Too much focus on sports and not enough on academics and the arts.