Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Hauppauge High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hauppauge, NY. It has 1,178 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Hauppauge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-174 Students
- A-138 Students
- A+102 Students
- A+80 Students
- B79 Students
- A+71 Students
- B63 Students
- B62 Students
- A62 Students
- B+58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Hauppauge High School
- A-Sachem High School East
- Sachem Central School District, NY
- 508 reviews
- AEarl L. Vandermeulen High School
- Port Jefferson Union Free School District, NY
- 97 reviews
- AMount Sinai High School
- Mount Sinai School District, NY
- 128 reviews
- A-Connetquot High School
- Connetquot Central School District, NY
- 271 reviews
Hauppauge High School Reviews
Moving to Hauppauge and attending Hauppauge High School, I had to grow a tough skin. Being that HHS is a predominately white institution, I was the minority of the school. I was 14/15 years old having to continuously deal with racist comments from peers and even online bullying. I've dealt with people saying that I used food stamps and saying I couldn't afford to eat. This was never the case but to deal with that definitely help me decide on why I wanted to attend a HBCU for college. I was fortunate enough to make it to the #1 Co-Ed HBCU in the nation and I couldn't be more grateful. My time at HHS has helped me grow into the women I am today and I couldn't be more proud.
Hauppauge High School was definitely a place where you would meet so many different people in your four years there. To start, the academics were phenomenal and so diverse; there was something for everyone. There were also so many levels offered from general to AP and IB, which was great for many students. I have no bad words towards any of the faculty and staff members, who were so kind to everyone and smiled through the day. The extracurricular activities were also very diverse, which many different opportunities to get involved. The school was filled with many spirited students, involved in their academics, theatre, instruments, singing, sports, etc. It was a pleasure to be a part of the community and a true place to call a home for the four years I attended.
Hauppauge has an amazing school district with awesome teachers. They do a really good job of preparing students for college!