Hastings High School is a top rated, public school located in Hastings On Hudson, NY. It has 510 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Hastings High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-80 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+44 Students
- A43 Students
- A-43 Students
- B43 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Hastings High School
- A+Great Neck North High School
- Great Neck Public Schools, NY
- 106 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 218 reviews
- A+Ardsley High School
- Ardsley Union Free School District, NY
- 130 reviews
- A+Mamaroneck High School
- Mamaroneck Union Free School District, NY
- 136 reviews
Hastings High School Reviews
Hastings highschool is truly a unique learning experience inside the classroom and out. The teachers are amazing and you will take them for granted until it is time to leave. The actual students attending the school are mostly all very privileged and very wealthy so if you don't fit that mold you will be an outsider, but it is honestly worth it for the education you will receive. It's a great community if you are musically inclined or enjoy theatre, any of the arts really. There are very strong programs. Honestly you will find your place no matter what you like. Athletics are more or less a joke besides soccer, even the teams who do well won't get attention because they are not soccer. But the boys variety soccer team did win states so that's cool! Anyways overall you will have an unforgettable experience here, I would recommend it.
My experience at Hastings High School has overall been good. The students are supportive of one another for the most part, and there are some very dedicated and helpful teachers who will stay late to help students study. However, there is a big lack in diversity in the school and the few cultural activities we do have often die out when the person in charge of them graduates due to a lack of interest from other students.
Hastings High School is a place full of artistic, smart, and liberal thinkers. Although the town is not very diverse and is quite small (with only 500 students attending HHS), my experience there has been a rich one. The school has provided me with the opportunity to pursue my interests in music, theatre and journalism as well as my passions for French and English literature. The relationships I have established there—both with teachers and the students around me—have brought me immense fulfillment.