Hastings High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hastings, MN. It has 1,446 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Hastings High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+166 Students
- B80 Students
- A+77 Students
- A-73 Students
- B+70 Students
- B67 Students
- C+50 Students
- B+50 Students
- A49 Students
- A48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 75 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Hastings High School
- A-River Falls High School
- River Falls School District, WI
- 139 reviews
- ARosemount Senior High School
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Independent School District No. 196, MN
- 280 reviews
- BFarmington High School
- Farmington Public School District, MN
- 307 reviews
- B+Cannon Falls Secondary School
- Cannon Falls Public School District, MN
- 32 reviews
Hastings High School Reviews
I love the music and arts programs that the school provides. This school is well know for these reasons. The amount of clubs offered is wonderful and you can even create your own! The school is a wonderful environment. However, Hastings has some students who say some very racist or racially insensitive things. But, last year a club was made that promotes diversity and equity, and this year a diversity and equity coordinator was even hired! Hopefully, the appalling behavior will become less of a problem.
Hastings High School was a very accepting enviornment to everyone who attended. There was always a positive outlook on academics, diversity, gender equality, athletics, the music department, etc. I feel like I could be actively involved in a wide range of different activities and felt supported throughout all of them. I am always encouraged and pushed to do my best at everything I attempted at this school, and I have witnessed one somewhat physical fight throughout my four years at this school. I feel very safe and protected at this school as we have lots of police enforcment and strong authority. The authority here is strong yet not too overbearing. I am very blessed to have had my highschool education at this location.
Hastings High School was a very inclusive community with all the teachers striving for the success of the students. There are lots of courses to interest everyone, and there are great opportunities to take Advanced Placement courses or College In the Schools courses to get ahead on credits. There is also a club for everyone at HHS, and if there isn't, it's super easy to start one! The music department continues to be successful with multiple choirs, show choir, band, and orchestra. The athletics are pretty good, and we have great school spirit!