Haslett High School is a highly rated, public school located in Haslett, MI. It has 884 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Haslett High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A311 Students
- A+153 Students
- B+130 Students
- B100 Students
- B-97 Students
- B+71 Students
- B63 Students
- A-46 Students
- B32 Students
- A30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Haslett High School Reviews
My experience at Haslett High School was definitely something. I came from a predominately black school and switched to a predominately white school it was a major cultural shock for me. I hated my first two years there only because I was picked on my skin complexion and for being me. So I felt the need to change myself to fit in, but as life went on I realized that wasn't necessary. One thing I could change about Haslett High is the diversity and the administration. The administration needs to be more open-minded and willing to hear from their african american students and protect them too. The one thing that made my life better at that school were my teachers only a few though. Mainly my english teachers and my geometry teacher made my life easier they were my safe place and I appreciate them for everything they've done for me. Haslett High isn't a bad school it just has some tweaks they need to fix for future generations.
The staff is so supportive and kind! There is a feeling of togetherness in the school, you can tell the teachers actually want you to succeed. Its a safe and friendly environment, and I know the students there all feel comfortably asking for help from each other and from the teachers.
Haslett is a good school when it comes to our music/theatre program. Haslett is known for having an outstanding choir. Certian sports programs are good too. What they lack in is variety of acedemics/clubs and diversity. Students have limited offers in deciding classes and as an Indian-American, I've grown up in this district and found very little diversity in people. I have seen that ethnicly diffrent kids who started in Haslett, move away becuase of some bullying issue. Overall, Haslett could use some improvements.