Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Haslett High School is a highly rated, public school located in Haslett, MI. It has 873 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Haslett High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A348 Students
- grade A+173 Students
- grade B+142 Students
- grade B108 Students
- grade B minus105 Students
- grade B+74 Students
- grade B minus72 Students
- grade A minus51 Students
- grade A34 Students
- grade B34 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responses
- School Home Athletic Games23%
- Jazz Night19%
- The Musicals19%
- The musical production in our musicals is 5 stars.11%
- Friday Night Football9%
- Homework and movie nights at home with friends6%
- Spirit Week6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,952 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 33 responses
Schools like Haslett High School
- grade A minusWilliamston High School
- Williamston Community Schools, MI
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 160 reviews
- grade B+Bath High School
- Bath Community Schools, MI
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 52 reviews
- grade A minusDeWitt High School
- Dewitt Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 172 reviews
- grade AEast Lansing High School
- East Lansing School District, MI
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 217 reviews
Haslett High School Reviews
Rating 3.71 out of 5 231 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Haslett High School is an amazing place to be because the teachers and staff are super accepting of everyone! The environment is safe for students to be honest with others and share their thoughts openly! Bullying is not accepted and Haslett treats everyone with kindness. Teachers do a great job on including different learning techniques for learning at every level. We do games, group activities, etc. Overall, Haslett is an amazing school and I can’t recommend it enough!
I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere of Haslett. Their is an extreme amount of family involvement with the school which I think is a great think. Haslett offers equal opportunity to all, they work hard to account for families in hard times and those with other obstacles like language barriers, transportation, and even incoming foreign students. One area that Haslett could work on is they do not have many opportunities for their smart students. Often times these students are forced into taking the generic classes or going other places for these high level classes. Haslett focuses so much on equality they lack opportunity for students who are thriving. Despite this setback there are many things for Haslett alumni to be proud of.
My experience at Haslett High School was definitely something. I came from a predominately black school and switched to a predominately white school it was a major cultural shock for me. I hated my first two years there only because I was picked on my skin complexion and for being me. So I felt the need to change myself to fit in, but as life went on I realized that wasn't necessary. One thing I could change about Haslett High is the diversity and the administration. The administration needs to be more open-minded and willing to hear from their african american students and protect them too. The one thing that made my life better at that school were my teachers only a few though. Mainly my english teachers and my geometry teacher made my life easier they were my safe place and I appreciate them for everything they've done for me. Haslett High isn't a bad school it just has some tweaks they need to fix for future generations.