Harvest Preparatory Academy is a public, charter school located in Yuma, AZ. It has 971 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Harvest Preparatory Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A87 Students
- B81 Students
- C+77 Students
- A75 Students
- B71 Students
- A+34 Students
- A30 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-21 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Harvest Preparatory Academy
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Harvest Preparatory Academy
- B-Carpe Diem Collegiate High School
- Carpe Diem Collegiate High School, AZ
- 30 reviews
- NGAztec High School
- Public School
- Yuma, AZ
- 4 reviews
- C-PPEP Tec - Cesar Chavez Learning Center
- Public School
- San Luis, AZ
- 17 reviews
- CKofa High School
- Yuma Union High School District, AZ
- 405 reviews
Harvest Preparatory Academy Reviews
Throughout I see many staff/students happily ready to start a brand new day as well as: posters of optional actions of preparing yourself for college learning, pictures of past alum to give a better meaning of school encouragement towards others, and seeing others with bags of presentation of being prepared for any day. Experiences with completing tasks, like: reading chapter books with new assignments of words or, note taking cornell format to, taking time for bellwork and lastly the exit tickets of everyday. Hearing openess of staffs' voices accepted of students to listen from their hearts, the discussions of teamwork when given a group assignments and even the interactive videos. I love a book smell of dustiness as I open it and even a smell of a new paper for new assignments. I taste success of sweet honey scented knowledge every time at my fingertips. A change would be to have more learning areas by expanding its property for students. Overall HPA in Yuma is very good.
Well the whole school system is average, just like any other public school. During my school years there the only thing that my school had was a couple of excellent teachers that actually helped you be successful, I had a teacher her name was Mrs. Chiang she is an amazing math teacher! What I learned from her helped me in college.
Harvest Prep Academy is an amazing school to learn. The teachers are amazing and they help a lot in your education if you’re failing. The staff and members are amazing they love to help out. Our principle Mrs. Ybarra is really helpful, she cares about our education and she checks how we are doing on our grades.