Hartselle High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hartselle, AL. It has 931 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Hartselle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A112 Students
- A94 Students
- A86 Students
- B+85 Students
- A-83 Students
- B-70 Students
- B57 Students
- B56 Students
- A43 Students
- B41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 37 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Hartselle High School Reviews
My experience at HHS has been nothing short of great! The classes that are offered are excellent and will definitely prepare you for college. The staff is outstanding and does a great job making HHS one of the top schools in our state. HHS is a great school and I am so proud to call myself a Hartselle Tiger. The athletic programs at HHS are also outstanding. We have won state championships in football, baseball, softball and golf over the past several years. Coaches will push you to be the best you can be all while making sure you maintain good grades in the classroom too. There are a lot of clubs that Hartselle High offers to students as well to keep them involved in community activities. I feel like I will walk away from high school a better individual and more prepared than I ever thought I could be thanks to Hartselle High school.
The AP teachers are amazing from my experiences. There are endless clubs that students are encouraged to participate in. Even if one doesn't interest you, it is recommended to find a teacher to help you start your own! Hartselle always has a sport that goes to state. The best part about Hartselles athletic program is all the support the students bring the athletes. You can bet there will be a student section at almost all events. My favorite memory from high school was having homecoming week. From the class skit, to battle of the classes, to building floats, to powderpuff football, and designing tshirts, homecoming week is full of school spirit and activities! It is a competition between classes to see who wins. It's a great way to bond with your classmates and a demonstration of teamwork. Several teachers sacrificed time on the weekends to hold study sessions, offered private lessons, and after class help in order to
ensure student success.
ensure student success.
Hartselle High School prepares its students to further their education in some form or fashion. From dual-enrollment to AP classes, Hartselle offers more opportunities than any of the surrounding schools in the county. The teachers at Hartselle push students to always do their best work, and always begin with the end in mind when it comes to college. The faculty and staff at Hartselle are always trying new ways to prepare every student's education that walks through the front doors of the high school. Parents of Hartselle students always push them to do their best at challenging work so they can succeed in college and beyond. Academically, Hartselle is an amazing school. The community is very close-knit, so students and their peers are always presented with a lifetime of memories.