Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Hartley School is an above average, public school located in Hartley, TX. It has 223 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Hartley School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B12 Students
- B11 Students
- A+7 Students
- A-7 Students
- C+5 Students
- A5 Students
- B-4 Students
- B+3 Students
- B-3 Students
- B3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Hartley School
Hartley School Reviews
Hartley school is a great school in a small town with a fantastic sense of community and hard work. Everyone knows each other and treats each other well. Hartley has gotten outstanding academic awards the past two years and will hopefully this next year. we have great teachers who love to help their students and care about the students education. Our community really rallies behind the students and loves to cheer the kids on whether they are in sports or they are doing UIL Academics. our small town school has great sports programs and terrific academics. overall it is a fantastic school with a great community to back it.
I moved to Hartley when I was just entering the eighth grade. For every kid its very hard their first month or two moving schools, but the teachers and kids made it so much easier. They were kind and helped me when they didn't even know me yet. Its an easy school to maneuver and the staff is always friendly. In Hartley it feels as if we're a big family. I'm sad to leave his place behind, but I know that they have prepared me for college and life.
For a small school, Hartley ISD offers a variety of extracurricular opportunities. Most of these are within the school day (such as choir, art, etc.), but others are after school. Sometimes the extracurricular activities can become a struggle toward some students grades, it is all according to the performance of the student. Over all, extracurricular activities become a gateway to new opportunities outside of school, uncover hidden talents, and give students something to focus on when grades are not a problem.