Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Hartington-Newcastle High School is an above average, public school located in Hartington, NE. It has 143 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Hartington-Newcastle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+28 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-22 Students
- B15 Students
- B14 Students
- B+10 Students
- B+9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B-8 Students
- B+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Hartington-Newcastle High School
- B-Randolph High School
- Randolph Public Schools, NE
- 29 reviews
- B+Laurel-Concord-Coleridge High School
- Laurel-Concord-Coleridge School, NE
- 27 reviews
- B-Wausa High School
- Wausa Public Schools, NE
- 25 reviews
- C+Wynot High School
- Wynot Public Schools, NE
- 29 reviews
Hartington-Newcastle High School Reviews
Hartington-Newcastle High School has always been a great place to call home. This school has always welcomed new students and a couple years ago they consolidated with Newcastle, welcoming an entire new community. The facilities and buildings were just recently remodeled and are in very good condition and the technology is also updated very often. The teachers and staff are always willing to help and are a very big contribute to making the school a great place. Overall, Hartington-Newcastle High School is a very safe and great high school to have called home.
Everyone feels inclusive in school. It seems as if %75 of the student body had some affilliation with the one-act which has gone to state for many years. Students are encouraged to try different things such as sports and certain competitions. Some sports are together with other schools as the number of participants in a certain one will vary.
I like the environment at Hartington-Newcastle a lot. They have endless activities to participate in, and no matter the activity they make you feel welcomed.