Hartford High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hartford, WI. It has 1,359 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Hartford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+166 Students
- B150 Students
- B80 Students
- B+76 Students
- A-68 Students
- A+67 Students
- A-64 Students
- B44 Students
- B+40 Students
- B40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Hartford High School
- A-Oconomowoc High School
- Oconomowoc Area School District, WI
- 218 reviews
- AGermantown High School
- Germantown School District, WI
- 230 reviews
- B+East High School
- West Bend School District, WI
- 117 reviews
- C+Mayville High School
- Mayville School District, WI
- 76 reviews
Hartford High School Reviews
Hartford has an amazing athletic program with many sports from dance to soccer to football. Not to mention, there is a variety of AP courses, over 20! However, the school could improve with student graduation requirements. There are many little insignificant things that waste students' resource time.
This school experience was very well. Because of this experience and opportunity I had great chance to meet up and join a program that helps students of any Hartford public school get into the college of their dreams. I was privileged and granted the chance to work with University of Connecticut’s ConnCap program for three summers and for the rest of my highschooo career. It taught me the importance of education and working hard to be the best I can be. Because of my excellent grades, and with the program of ConnCap I was able to obtain Hartford Promise, a scholarship for students who have had a 93% attendance record or higher a 3.0 gpa throughout high school and any student who is a residence in Hartford. I am thankful and glad that I joined this school and this school was my secondary choice but it caught me by surprise.
Hartford has a great facility with a recently updated gym. Their academics are very good and the class sizes are about 20:1. Almost any teacher is willing to help you if you email them ahead of time. I have had some bad experiences with some teachers being very unprofessional and some teachers that do not know how to teach the class they are assigned to. Otherwise, I think that most of the staff is very welcoming. The school also has a cafe for people to purchase smoothies or coffee before or after school.