Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Hartford High School & Neosho Rapids Junior High School is a public school located in Hartford, KS. It has 115 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Hartford High School & Neosho Rapids Junior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B30 Students
- A-17 Students
- B-13 Students
- A-10 Students
- B9 Students
- C+8 Students
- B+7 Students
- B6 Students
- B4 Students
- B-3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Hartford High School & Neosho Rapids Junior High School
- B+Olpe Junior/Senior High School
- Southern Lyon County Unified School District, KS
- 177 reviews
- A-Burlington High School
- Burlington Unified School District, KS
- 103 reviews
- B+Emporia High School
- Emporia Unified School District, KS
- 216 reviews
- C+Madison High School
- Madison-Virgil Unified School District, KS
- 19 reviews
Hartford High School & Neosho Rapids Junior High School Reviews
overall not a bad school, just average. The only really bad thing is the turnover rate with the teachers. School seems to have a hard time keeping teachers so there are always an abundant amount of first year teachers with no experience. The sports programs were very good when I went there but from what I hear they are not very good now.
When I went to Hartford High School it was full of memories. Everyday you walked through the front doors you would always feel the small town effect of Hartford. The staff is unbelievable as they always have an open hand to help you whether it is during school hours or outside of school hours. It's an amazing place to go to school, but it's outstanding to grow up in a community like Hartford.
This school building is in great condition and one of the most recently remodeled schools around. The building is also kept up great by the custodians. This school incorporated technology into daily education and activities. Every student is rented a laptop to have and take between home and school for the year. Though all of the staff guides and supports the students, the guidance counselor is a trusted friend of many students. There are many opportunities for students to get extra help and tutoring. Many teachers are willing to stay after school on their own time to tutor students.