Harriton Senior High School is an elite, public school located in Rosemont, PA. It has 1,154 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Harriton Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+172 Students
- A+162 Students
- A116 Students
- A-98 Students
- A-87 Students
- A+83 Students
- A+79 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 71 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Harriton Senior High School
- A+Lower Merion High School
- Lower Merion School District, PA
- 212 reviews
- A+Radnor Senior High School
- Radnor Township School District, PA
- 97 reviews
- A+Great Valley High School
- Great Valley School District, PA
- 111 reviews
- A+Conestoga Senior High School
- Tredyffrin-Easttown School District, PA
- 286 reviews
Harriton Senior High School Reviews
The teachers there are amazing! You can tell that the majority of the teachers there have a passion for what they do and want to see their students succeed, although some teachers may be better than others. There are classes that reach out to all levels of people, whether you want to do cp, honors, AP, or IB. The electives are great as well, there are many to choose from and many are sure to find one that suits them best.
Though it's been 19 years since I've graduated, I am sure that Harriton has only gotten better. It has been a Blue Ribbon school since before I attended. The layout when I attended was the original, if not pretty close to, building built in the 40's or 50's. The center open area dubbed the "tombs" - as there were bunkers underground, in case of air raids- was an awesome place to have lunch, play guitar, hackey-sack and do homework. It was where we socialized and built a small community. That was just a bonus...The education I received there was incredible. We take for granted what we have, compared to many inner-city public schools. I was prepared, academically, to apply, be accepted and attend college. The school district was the reason my mother and stepfather moved from Philadelphia into Bala Cynwyd. It was a private-school quality education in a public school.
Unlike any other school, my school, Harriton High School, has a teacher for every different type of person here. Each teacher wants to teach students and prepare them for the real world after high school, whether that includes more schooling or going your own way. The only thing I would change about my school is the small amount of spirit. I think Harriton high school could definitely benefit from more spirit for the sports and clubs here.