Harrison High School is a highly rated, public school located in Kennesaw, GA. It has 2,046 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Harrison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+486 Students
- B403 Students
- B+219 Students
- B+210 Students
- A146 Students
- A+138 Students
- B136 Students
- A119 Students
- A-119 Students
- A+113 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 124 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.69 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.73 responses
Harrison High School Reviews
I really like that the school has such a friendly atmosphere. All of my teachers as a freshman have been encouraging of learning and wanting to help me do my best. And while they aren’t all warm and fuzzy like in lower grades, they still care and want to help move you towards preparation for college. One thing I do not like about the school is the sports. While there are many options for sports activities, it seems as if sports comes before everything else. In my opinion, school and doctor’s appointments should come first. Overall, I do believe Harrison is a really good school to be at!
I have absolutely loved my time at Harrison! The school is dedicated to academic and athletic excellence and it shows through and through. Students are always willing to support their friends and classmates at sporting events, which creates a very connected student body. There are clubs for every interest, and if you can't find what you're looking for then there is an abundance of teachers that would be willing to sponsor the club and help you feel more connected to the school.
Harrison High School is overall a very well-rounded educational institution that offers students the ability to excel academically, socially, and in their sports/music programs. The teachers go above and beyond to ensure that their students will be successful as they go onto new and more challenging courses and eventually into college. A majority of the students who attend challenge themselves by taking rigorous courses through the vast array of AP and Honors classes offered. Students also have the opportunity to help the community around them through a variety of community service programs such as Key Club and Beta Club. Overall, Harrison prepares students for success while building upon their talents and sense of community.