Harrison High School is a top rated, public school located in Harrison, NY. It has 1,078 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Harrison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+86 Students
- A71 Students
- A+60 Students
- A-56 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+47 Students
- B45 Students
- A+40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Harrison High School
- A+Tenafly High School
- Tenafly Public School District, NJ
- 103 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 206 reviews
- A+Mamaroneck High School
- Mamaroneck Union Free School District, NY
- 132 reviews
- AOyster Bay High School
- Oyster Bay-East Norwich Central School District, NY
- 65 reviews
Harrison High School Reviews
Harrison high school has extremely difficult classes, but passing these classes will look very impressive to colleges. Students at Harrison have the ability to apply for an IB diploma, which will help them in their college applications. It seems that the administrators care more about English and History classes rather than Math and Science classes. The teachers don't offer a lot of support for their students which can make classes and work overwhelming. The administration and staff do not take claims of discrimination, such as racism and homophobia, seriously. It seems as though the wealthier students don't get as harsh of punishments as others. There are multiple school psychologists working everyday, most likely due to the large amount of students who can't handle the massive amounts of stress that Harrison puts on their students.
I think that the quality of the teachers at Harrison High School are the driving force of its excellence. There are most definitely some undesirable aspects of the school, but I think that the superb quality of the teachers overrule that entirely. Aspects of the school such as the administration appearing to lack understanding of the students along with how the school budgets its construction projects disproportionately are important to think about when considering a student's livelihood at Harrison High School. With all that being said, I believe that the quality of the educators present possess the power for students to propel themselves towards their personally individualized outcomes regarding what it is that they'd like to get out of high school.
Harrison high school has amazing opportunities, from resources such as technology to help you study, to planning and initiating your own ideas. However, the social environment could definitely be better. There is a huge divide among student. I know, 'cliques'is something that can't be "solved". Most international students simply don't feel at home because there is hardly any unity among student.