Harrison High School
- HARRISON, NY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Harrison High School is a top rated, public school located in HARRISON, NY. It has 1,062 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Harrison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+123 Students
- grade A91 Students
- grade A minus89 Students
- grade A+87 Students
- grade A+82 Students
- grade A+74 Students
- grade A+70 Students
- grade B63 Students
- grade A61 Students
- grade A+60 Students
View Homes Near Harrison High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responses
- Harrison vs Rye Football Game64%
- Spirit Week18%
- none :)9%
- Pep rallies9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$30,582 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 15 responses
Schools like Harrison High School
- grade A+Tenafly High School
- Tenafly Public School District, NJ
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 122 reviews
- grade A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 230 reviews
- grade A+Mamaroneck High School
- Mamaroneck Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 4.08 out of 5 145 reviews
- grade A minusOyster Bay High School
- Oyster Bay-East Norwich Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 70 reviews
Harrison High School Reviews
Rating 3.87 out of 5 113 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I really enjoyed my experience at Harrison High School. I always felt like I had the opportunity to challenge myself and work with the teachers whenever I need them to get help. Also for me the student body environment was really great, I’ve met so many different people from all over the world and I am going to cherish these friendships for a long time. Academically, the IB Diploma gives students the opportunity to take extremely challenging courses that many other schools around us don’t have. Also, since we are such a diverse school, the IB Diploma is great because people who want to go to college after high school have a super high level of academics that is globally recognized. Overall, I loved being a part of the Harrison High School community.
Harrison High school is an excellent school for students. But like all schools they have their pros and cons. The schools has many excellent teachers that want you to succeed and be the best you can but preparation for college was at best average. I was successful in all my classes throughout high school but went I arrived at college there were many things that I had realized I was lacking that I was never taught in high school. The schools spirit and atmosphere is top quality though, as a member of the football, track team, and a very clubs, everyone took their role and part of the team/club very seriously and everyone looked out for one another. The football team would help the soccer team. and the soccer team would help the field hockey team. When it came time for pep rallies or games, every visitor saw that the whole school was a family. We were all proud to be Harrison Huskies, and we were out maroon and white colors proud. Overall Harrison is an excellent school district.
Harrison high school has extremely difficult classes, but passing these classes will look very impressive to colleges. Students at Harrison have the ability to apply for an IB diploma, which will help them in their college applications. It seems that the administrators care more about English and History classes rather than Math and Science classes. The teachers don't offer a lot of support for their students which can make classes and work overwhelming. The administration and staff do not take claims of discrimination, such as racism and homophobia, seriously. It seems as though the wealthier students don't get as harsh of punishments as others. There are multiple school psychologists working everyday, most likely due to the large amount of students who can't handle the massive amounts of stress that Harrison puts on their students.