Harrisburg High School is a highly rated, public school located in Harrisburg, SD. It has 986 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Harrisburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B115 Students
- B+106 Students
- A-88 Students
- A+80 Students
- B43 Students
- A-34 Students
- B31 Students
- B-27 Students
- A27 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Harrisburg High School
- B+West Lyon High School
- West Lyon Community School District, IA
- 33 reviews
- B-Lennox High School
- Lennox School District, SD
- 25 reviews
- A-Roosevelt High School
- Sioux Falls School District, SD
- 379 reviews
- ABrandon Valley High School
- Brandon Valley School District, SD
- 211 reviews
Harrisburg High School Reviews
Harrisburg High School allows students to enroll in two different learning types: customized learning or traditional learning. With both programs students learn what is needed however learning the content is a little different. I was a customized learning student and it taught me to be self motivated, deal with anxiety, and the ability to manage my time. I have learned much more than just the basics from HHS, I learned that engaging with your teachers and reaching out if you need help is going to get you along way. I also meet some amazing people and had phenomenal experiences at football games, basketball games, homecoming events, and school dances. Seeing how high schools are portrayed on television with cliques, bullies, and the mean girls was not what I experienced at HHS. I felt that HHS was a positive environment and did not discriminate from anyone.
At Harrisburg High School I was able to learn in a different way by being able to be a MOD-CL student all four years. I really enjoyed being a MOD-CL student because it taught me how to manage my time, plan out when I would have certain assignments done. I was also involved in sports throughout high school, and this helped me to stay involved in the activities and everything else that was going on at Harrisburg High. Overall, my experience at Harrisburg High school is one that I will never forget.
My overall experience at Harrisburg High School has been absolutely phenomenal, and has best prepared me for college. The principle and teachers at Harrisburg High School are passionate for what they do and are dedicated in helping us achieve. I have noticed that my principle and teachers take it upon themselves to check up on their students and provide one-on-one sessions for those struggling. Aside from the learning aspects of school, I love how much of a positive environment Harrisburg High School is. The students and staff are so friendly here and outside visitors are always impressed by how well behaved we are. Attending this school makes me who I am today, and I couldn't have asked to go to a better school or have better teachers!