Harrisburg High School is an above average, public school located in Harrisburg, SD. It has 802 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Harrisburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+71 Students
- B68 Students
- A58 Students
- A+52 Students
- B31 Students
- A24 Students
- B-20 Students
- A-17 Students
- A16 Students
- B14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Harrisburg High School
- B+West Lyon High School
- West Lyon Community School District, IA
- 31 reviews
- B-Lennox High School
- Lennox School District, SD
- 24 reviews
- A-Roosevelt High School
- Sioux Falls School District, SD
- 342 reviews
- ABrandon Valley High School
- Brandon Valley School District, SD
- 196 reviews
Harrisburg High School Reviews
My overall experience at Harrisburg High School has been absolutely phenomenal, and has best prepared me for college. The principle and teachers at Harrisburg High School are passionate for what they do and are dedicated in helping us achieve. I have noticed that my principle and teachers take it upon themselves to check up on their students and provide one-on-one sessions for those struggling. Aside from the learning aspects of school, I love how much of a positive environment Harrisburg High School is. The students and staff are so friendly here and outside visitors are always impressed by how well behaved we are. Attending this school makes me who I am today, and I couldn't have asked to go to a better school or have better teachers!
Harrisburg High School is a great school to be a part of and that is mainly because we have a great education system and the staff are great. With Harrisburg having the opportunity to have the MOD program, customized learning. I feel as if I am getting more prepared for college then using traditional courses. Not only is the education fantastic at Harrisburg but so are the clubs and sports we are so fortunate to have. Harrisburg is truly a great community and a great school to attend.
The academics are your average high school courses, many AP courses and dual-credit options are available. Some of the teachers are pretty good, but there are some who tend to just assign a packet or reading without teaching at all. Sports is a huge part of the school's culture. Facilities are superior to that of other schools in the area. One of the main downsides of this school is the food. The portion sizes are small and the food quality overall is poor. Otherwise, I would rate this school a 3.5/5.