Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B48 Students
- B22 Students
- A-22 Students
- B12 Students
- B7 Students
- B-7 Students
- C+7 Students
- A+6 Students
- B-5 Students
- A+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Harrisburg High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Harrisburg High School Reviews
Review Harrisburg High School
Harrisburg High School did not prepare me for the concurrent college curriculum, which was quite a rude awakening. I think most of the teachers are more focused on getting through the curriculum rather than making sure the student comprehend what is being taught. Aside from the mediocre learning experience, HHS does provide many opportunities for juniors and seniors in the higher learning/post-secondary experience. Most students have the ability to take part in vocational programs at local community colleges and attend college courses on these campuses.
Harrisburg High School has marked me forever. The teachers are astounding and will go out of their way to make sure you are receiving the education you need to pursue a career. The counselor and principal always have an open door to their offices, ensuring safe and progressive communication. The after school programs are always uplifting, letting students find a place in whatever interest that may be that they cannot find at home. This high school is what molded me into the person I am today.
The attitudes of our teachers vary. There are some teachers that are very compassionate and eager to help a struggling student, but there are still lots who do only what they are required, sometimes less, and squeak by. Some teachers aren't the least bit knowledgeable of the subject they teach, but there are still a few who know nearly everything there is to know about the subject they teach.