Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade unavailable
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Harrisburg High School - SciTech Campus is an above average, public, magnet school located in Harrisburg, PA. It has 357 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Harrisburg High School - SciTech Campus Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+116 Students
- grade A minus95 Students
- grade A64 Students
- grade B minus55 Students
- grade A minus48 Students
- grade B minus46 Students
- grade C+44 Students
- grade B41 Students
- grade B+40 Students
- grade B38 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responses
- Senior showcase23%
- Talent show23%
- Football Season14%
- Pep Rallys9%
- soccer season5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$24,189 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Schools like Harrisburg High School - SciTech Campus
- grade C minusHarrisburg High School
- Harrisburg City School District, PA
- Rating 3.31 out of 5 127 reviews
- grade BMiddletown Area High School
- Middletown Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.59 out of 5 143 reviews
- grade B minusSusquenita High School
- Susquenita School District, PA
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 49 reviews
- grade BDauphin County Technical School
- Public School
- Harrisburg, PA
- Rating 4.01 out of 5 134 reviews
Harrisburg High School - SciTech Campus Reviews
Rating 4.05 out of 5 77 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
If you are looking for a high school in the Harrisburg School District Area that will give you great preparation for college, fantastic networking opportunities, and a chance to help your community. Then, SciTech is the place for you! The teachers for the most part are very nice and understanding. But on the down side the food is not the best, but our school is located right across from the Strawberry Square and they have Taco Bell, Subway, and a few different other little food shops to choose from. We do not have a gym or any sports because we are located in the city so if you want to participate in sports then you would have to join the sports team at your home school. There aren't that many electives or clubs that don't revolve around science and/or technology. Otherwise SciTech is a Blue Ribbon School (2018) and over 90% of students get into their dream colleges after attending SciTech. So, I hope this helps!
This is my second year being at SciTech Campus, and I can say, I feel comfortable and at home. The teachers and staff are amazing people who you can come to for anything. They explain everything well and make sure you have what you need to achieve your goals. The students are affable and outgoing. It's really easy to get involved as a student at this school, especially since they offer CPD day and different clubs like Student Council, Key Club, etc. To any future students, stay on top of your work and make sure you're getting to school on time. One thing they do not tolerate is being late to class! If you want to be great in life, SciTech is the school for you.
Alright, I attend Harrisburg Highschool- SciTech campus. There are many things that I can state that makes this school an extraordinary place. This school really makes you feel welcome and there is always someone to help you when needed. But, at the same time it allows you to make your own decisions as if you are attending a college; it prepares us for the future. This Highschool isn't just an ordinary public school, this schools gives us the most challenging classes because they know what we students are capable of. I know for a fact, that this school is teaching and preparing us for what is to come.