Harrisburg High School - SciTech Campus is an above average, public, magnet school located in Harrisburg, PA. It has 294 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Harrisburg High School - SciTech Campus Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+73 Students
- A-56 Students
- A40 Students
- C+38 Students
- C+32 Students
- A-30 Students
- B28 Students
- B-27 Students
- B+25 Students
- A+25 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Harrisburg High School - SciTech Campus
- C-Harrisburg High School
- Harrisburg City School District, PA
- 121 reviews
- BMiddletown Area High School
- Middletown Area School District, PA
- 129 reviews
- BSusquenita High School
- Susquenita School District, PA
- 47 reviews
- B-Dauphin County Technical School
- Public School
- Harrisburg, PA
- 112 reviews
Harrisburg High School - SciTech Campus Reviews
Some qualities of Harrisburg High School- SciTech Campus that i really like are they have all honors classes for there students, while students can also take college classes across the street and those credits can transfer over to the college they attend later in life. Also SciTech offers seniors to do Co-Op so students can go to work after they finish classes at school. Another thing that i admire about SciTech is that there high school graduate rate and college acceptance rate is 100% which tells me that my teachers want me to succeed and move on to bigger places in life
One thing I loved about my school is that it is a challenge, especially being a honors high school. I've honestly grew as an adult here because of the few teachers that actually cared about every individual student. Not only did I grow as a person but as a journalist. Which is all because my school offered me opportunities to take the following steps to achieve my educational goals. Sci tech has always been apart of Harrisburg university of science and technology and because our school is so invested I took the opportunity to take 2 semesters of classes at there university. Although, the only thing I would change about my school is our bathrooms and the class room sizes so that students could feel more comfortable being here for hours of their day.
Sci-Tech is high school to attend if you want to further your educational career, and John Harris is everyone else.The overall curriculum being taught in the school district is non-informational.The school district is under-funded and the teachers care more about the students then the parents.The school lunch at Sci-Tech is repetitive which means the food is being recycled.There is a lot of free time in that school which could easily be filled with projects.My favorite teacher was Holly Worful.Worful is a math teacher whom is tough on her students because she wants to instill the lesson on you.She is a loving lady whom pushes her students to succeed, not just in high school but also in life.My fav facility member was Sieta Achampong.My years of high school we had many different people who sat in the office,but she was a principal.She cared about the well-being of every students and choose to make a bond which ensures the student that she will be the role we need her to be.