Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Harpursville Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Harpursville, NY. It has 358 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Harpursville Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+46 Students
- grade A minus32 Students
- grade A22 Students
- grade A+21 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade B minus16 Students
- grade C14 Students
- grade A minus11 Students
- grade B+10 Students
- grade A+10 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responses
- Moving Up Day (MUD)19%
- Sporting events19%
- Annual Harpursville Cares Walk8%
- Pep rallies3%
- Spirit Week3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$23,177 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 16 responses
Schools like Harpursville Junior/Senior High School
- grade B+Greene High School
- Greene Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 67 reviews
- grade C+Afton Middle/High School
- Afton Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.35 out of 5 26 reviews
- grade BSidney High School
- Sidney Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 40 reviews
- grade BSusquehanna Valley Senior High School
- Susquehanna Valley Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.44 out of 5 41 reviews
Harpursville Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.4 out of 5 100 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
This school just like all others had it's fair share of drama and issues during my time there. Once you look past all the drama and issues you see a small school that don't have very big graduating classes, you see a school that is full of opportunity for each and every student. Being in a small school setting allows staff to pay more attention to students that are in need of help. I was given many opportunities to take fast forward classes through Suny Broome Community College which I took those opportunities. I wouldn't change one thing about growing up at such a small school, I've had such a wonderful time and an amazing school district.
Harpursville is a great school to go to because of the size mostly. Each student is given an opportunity to have one on one attention with their teacher because the school is so small. Our teachers are wonderful. They try their absolute best to help out every student in any possible way. We have multiple programs to help with students’ grades, as well. The best thing about Harpursville is the opportunities students are given. There are so many college courses we can enroll in to get a head start on college. The worst thing about our school is our food. There aren’t many places around Harpursville so we are not allowed to go off compulsory for lunch. Therefore we either have to buy school lunch, or bring it. Although this year, school lunches have become free. Which is very helpful to the families of Harpursville. The only thing I would change about Harpursville school, other than the renovations that are being done this coming school year, is the food.
At Harpursville, it is very easy to be friends with just about everyone. It is a small school and there are many accepting people. It is also nice to be able to know every teacher as well. This helps if any student has a trouble learning something in class. We are able to go to our teachers and they are filling willing to do whatever it takes for us to understand something.