Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Harper Middle College High School is a highly rated, public school located in Charlotte, NC. It has 190 students in grades 11-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 54 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math.
Harper Middle College High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+55 Students
- B+53 Students
- A+52 Students
- A-32 Students
- B28 Students
- B24 Students
- B-19 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+18 Students
- B17 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Harper Middle College High School Reviews
This school has changed my life for the better. Before transferring to this school, I wanted to drop out. There was never safe and supporting help at my previous school. But here at HMCHS, I got that and much more. They allowed me to opportunity to explore career choices and take college courses that can be transferred. I would have never thought in a million years I could be able to attend college because of the cost. But this school has paid for everything in my college career from the class, fees and textbooks. I absolutely love this school and the staff that make it feel like home!
Harper Middle College High School is an institution that bridges the gap between high school and college. By partnering with Central Piedmont Community College, students are able to finish their high school credits early and begin taking college classes. Overall, I've had great experience at HMCHS! The students here have a shared interest in their education and an unwavering confidence about their futures.
The experience at Harper Middle College was one of the best public school experiences I've ever had. I switched over from Olympic High School to help pursue my dream in becoming a Physician assistant in dermatology. Harper helped me complete general education classes at Central Piedmont Community college for free covering textbooks and tuition. They've helped me prepare for my future plans. The staff is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure your voice is heard and that you'll become successful. The environment of the school is awesome; you'll become independent, mature, successful and motivated. I would recommend anyone to take this early college program if you have the chance, it's totally worth it.