Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Harper High School is a public school located in Harper, TX. It has 182 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Harper High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-64 Students
- A-51 Students
- A+50 Students
- B+46 Students
- B32 Students
- A+31 Students
- A29 Students
- B+23 Students
- B21 Students
- C+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Harper High School Reviews
I believe that Harper High School really cares for their students. When students leave Harper they leave with a lot of scholarship money and career readiness. However, I would like to see more classes that involve health care related themes. Many students leaving Harper major in nursing or the medical field and I believe that these classes will help students become ready for college and their future career.
Harper was a great school! I loved being in a small teaching environment such as a 2A high school. It gave me one on one time with the teachers which really helped my academics. I moved here in 4th grade from a really big 5A school and didn't have the greatest grades. After moving to Harper, I was an all A student all through school.
My school that I have attended since pre-k is a 2a, which means we're all extremely close and have pretty much have all grown up together. You definitely won't get near the relationships I have at Harper then any other school!