Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Harlingen School of Health Professions is an above average, public school located in Harlingen, TX. It has 421 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Harlingen School of Health Professions Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+58 Students
- A+51 Students
- B+47 Students
- B46 Students
- B42 Students
- B40 Students
- A38 Students
- A-30 Students
- A+23 Students
- B18 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Harlingen School of Health Professions Reviews
My continuing experience at Harlingen School of Health Professions. This school has provided other students and myself with an abundance of opportunities regarding the health care field. Because this school is a school of choice, the student- teacher ratio, the flexibile schedule of teachers, and the overall hands-on daily learning activities an amazing learning experience. The overall communal environment is very helpful because everyone, not only the staff, is happy to lend a helping hand. Harlingen School of Health Professions is always pushing to improve their course paths, so there is not any recommendation of change coming from me.
This high school is awesome! Students excel in academics and the teachers truly care about their students. Love the use of new technology. Some classes set up for medical practicum. You can even graduate with medical certifications such as LVN or certified dental tech. All core classes are AP.
My time at the Harlingen School of Health Professions was amazing! I met many friends who were diversed and different. Although, I believe that adding more clubs, or classes, will help students be more social and interactive.