Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Harleton High School is an above average, public school located in Harleton, TX. It has 219 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Harleton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B36 Students
- A+27 Students
- B-26 Students
- B25 Students
- C+22 Students
- A+20 Students
- A-17 Students
- B14 Students
- A13 Students
- A12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Harleton High School
- B-New Diana High School
- New Diana Independent School District, TX
- 80 reviews
- A-Spring Hill High School
- Spring Hill Independent School District, TX
- 56 reviews
- A-Hallsville High School
- Hallsville Independent School District, TX
- 183 reviews
- B+Ore City High School
- Ore City Independent School District, TX
- 39 reviews
Harleton High School Reviews
The administration has communication issues between students, parents, as well as teachers. Morale is low. Students as a whole feel as though only a few staff members are rooting for them. There is no effort put forth for the quality of memorable times at HISD, nor for the quality of education. In 4 years, there have been at least 5 put-down-a-random-grade kinds of teachers. 4 years of HISD alumni flunk their college chemistry courses. There are the few who are truly there for the students, but aside from the excellent math and health science programs, and the discipline of the students, the power-struggles and drama among the adults is unfortunate.
Harleton High School is a great school. They have good rounded students, good food, extraordinary teachers, and is very involved with the community. The teachers are very helpful, are always open to given you advice, and do not hesitate to help you with work. The students are very welcoming, respectful, and have a great knowledge of manners. The administration office is very helpful, are more than happy to help you will college applications, and take disrespect and bullying very seriously. The library has an amazing collection and have almost any book you can think of. The athletic program is amazing. The softball team has made it to state many times, our track team makes it to regionals every year, the gold team has made it to state many times, and the tennis team has made it to regionals many times as well, and the military marching band is amazing and has a great sound, and our girls basketball team is outstanding.
Harleton High School is a very small school. Therefore, it allows many students to better themselves through opportunities that would not be available to them within a larger district. I was a 4 year Varsity Cheerleader and 2 year captain of the team, and I personally believe I was only granted that amazing experience due to the size of my school. However, since the district is small, teachers and staff swiftly pick out the kids with power in our small town. They obviously get treated a little differently.