Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+239 Students
- A+185 Students
- B+154 Students
- B-134 Students
- A-116 Students
- A-103 Students
- A100 Students
- B91 Students
- A-84 Students
- B75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.66 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.76 responses
Harker Heights High School Reviews
Review Harker Heights High School
Overall the experience was average. My coaches and sports help to keep me motivated. They encouraged me to continue and further my education. However, the counselors were not very helpful with furthering my education. they made sure I took all necessary courses to complete high school "on time". But when it came to colleges, scholarships, and other post high school education options, because I was an athlete they left that up to my coaches. that was cool, but there were some questions that even they couldn't answer. High school went by so fast! Overall, I had a great time! Heights Knights for life!
The teachers at Harker Heights High School are pretty great! I have run into a few teachers that need to be evaluated more carefully, but overall the learning environment is top notch. One thing that Harker Heights High School teachers need to improve on is their motivation. If the teacher teaches and looks like they don't want to be at school, the students will most likely feel the same. Some teachers don't motivate their students as much as others because they don't take time to listen to their students and their background. Harker Heights High School overall is a GREAT school for higher learning and extracurricular activities.
Harker Heights High School has had some of the nicest, caring, concerning, and loving teachers I've ever had. The school and the teachers are always putting their best foot forward for the students. Staying after school for the students for tutoring, helping them with what they need. Taking time from their personal time to help them. The schools overall appearance is wonderful. The halls are clean along with the cafeteria and the court yards. The students are responsible to maintain a strict dress code to keep the students, and staff safe and elegant. Students are treated with respect, fairness, and equally to the others. The classroom expectations are high and always kept in a strict manor, clean, and a healthy learning environment. The staff members are always there to support, encourage, and care for the students in their years of being at Harker Heights High.