Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Harding Charter Preparatory High School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Oklahoma City, OK. It has 430 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Harding Charter Preparatory High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A399 Students
- B312 Students
- A295 Students
- C172 Students
- B+158 Students
- C+107 Students
- A99 Students
- B98 Students
- C95 Students
- B-93 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 71 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Harding Charter Preparatory High School
- B+Harding Fine Arts Academy
- Public School
- Oklahoma City, OK
- 157 reviews
- CAstec Charter High School
- Astec Charter School, OK
- 129 reviews
- AClassen School of Advanced Studies
- Oklahoma City Public Schools, OK
- 174 reviews
- ASanta Fe High School
- Edmond Public Schools, OK
- 378 reviews
Harding Charter Preparatory High School Reviews
Overhyped. The administration only cares about test scores, and they brainwash the students into believing that AP Classes and tests are the only way to be successful in high school and college. Also, many of the students are completely unaware of the many opportunities that their school fails provide that other, less stressful, better funded, and more accessible schools provide. Ex: Concurrent enrollment and VoTech/ Career Centers for High schoolers for free. The student population is diverse, but not so much for the staff population, leaving the students of color feeling discriminated against by the staff. Students who thrive artistically often are overlooked and are not given the same opportunities as the students who thrive academically; due to the fact that they mainly care about the statistics of test scores, college admissions, and being the number one school in the state. This builds the accumulative attitude by most of the staff that anything that is not AP is not relevant.
When I first was accepted into Harding I was absolutely ecstatic! I was ready to experience everything that Harding had to offer. I believed that Harding was the best place for me to make my transition from middle school into high school. Harding welcomed me in with open arms! Although, my freshman year wasn't that great having the support from teachers and administration to press on gave me a lot of hope.
Harding charter Prep in all honesty is a pretty great school. I have attended there from the past 4 years and my experiences are greagreat. I created a strong bond with the teachers and faculty, every student has a chance at this school, many teachers not only care about our lives as students they care about our out of school life. They check in all the time to make sure we have the necessary tools to helps us exceed in life. Education is a 5/5, but the schools appearance could use work. Hopefully our school will soon be funded and can fix classrooms, bathroom and even get new textbooks to improve for the next generation of students!