Hardin Valley Academy is a highly rated, public school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 2,039 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Hardin Valley Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-375 Students
- B133 Students
- C+124 Students
- B120 Students
- B116 Students
- A+78 Students
- B-66 Students
- B+65 Students
- B48 Students
- B43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 71 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Hardin Valley Academy Reviews
Hardin Valley Academy has been an amazing school for our kids. I love that they have academies within the school—business/law/public affairs, STEM, medical sciences, liberal arts— and seniors can do extra work and projects to get the academy’s “endorsement.” This distinguishes your student from others applying to college and is well regarded by many universities and colleges as a differentiator.
My experience at Hardin Valley Academy was you typical high school experience. I went to school learned your typical high classes. I did not enjoy high school too much. although, I really enjoyed my math and PE classes. Those were the only ones I was ever really good at. I liked a couple of my teachers, like my geometry one she was super cool and fun to be around when learning. I would say my experience at Hardin Valley was just average, They didn't have the sport i played so i didn't have much for me to want to go and be the great student i should've been.
Hardin Valley is a great school that offers so many opportunities that other high schools don't! The teachers are so amazing, and the whole staff is so helpful in getting through the tough times that come with being in high school.