Hardin Valley Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-245 Students
- B-81 Students
- B72 Students
- B-70 Students
- B-62 Students
- A+62 Students
- B35 Students
- B+31 Students
- B-26 Students
- B22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Hardin Valley Academy Reviews
Review Hardin Valley Academy
Hardin Valley Academy is nothing short of a unique high school. What I love about this school is the amount of detail paid to helping students finding their interests and gearing them towards academic study related to their interests. Students can pick through 4 different academies, with each representing: business/law, health sciences, STEM, or liberal arts. This helped get students and teachers with like minds in the same classroom. Many of the teachers there are young UT grads that have great flexible personalities and really look out for each student. The school goes out of their way to bring about school pride, programs, clubs, and activities that students can participate in. In my experience, I was never a popular or even liked school, but definitely made many friends here and felt like I belonged. I was told upon entering that if I played my cards right, I would have a wonderful experience. Keeping this in mind, I made sure I worked hard, and I left with more than I ever hoped.
Overall, Hardin Valley Academy is very academically oriented. They promote sports and clubs so that every student feels like they are included. The faculty is great; however, the students are very separated. Cliques are a big problem at Hardin Valley. If you are a white, relatively wealthy student, you will not have a problem with the faculty. If you are a minority and come from a different background, it is harder to connect with the faculty. The faculty is very disciplinary, rather than empathetic and supportive to the students. I believe that the Hardin Valley faculty could improve on their supportive, positive side.
Hardin Valley Academy prepared me for my upcoming journey to college more than I could have asked for. The teachers at Hardin Valley are incredible and they truly make learning enjoyable. With out the teachers there, many students would rather not show up to school and stay at home as the alternative- especially towards the end of senior year. However our administration is not the best when it handles situations regarding students dropping AP classes to honors classes instead. There have been many instances where friends of mine were not able to drop a course they knew would be to rigorous for their semester because Hardin Valley did not want the ratio of AP student's to decline. Overall my experience at Hardin Valley Academy has been life changing because of lessons that I have learned through the teachers and students surrounding me.