Hardin Valley Academy is a highly rated, public school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 1,930 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Hardin Valley Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-296 Students
- C+102 Students
- B95 Students
- B-90 Students
- B-78 Students
- A+67 Students
- B46 Students
- C+40 Students
- B+33 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Hardin Valley Academy Reviews
Hardin Valley is a great school that offers so many opportunities that other high schools don't! The teachers are so amazing, and the whole staff is so helpful in getting through the tough times that come with being in high school.
Hardin Valley is unlike any other school I know. It is quirky and jovial. There is a different type of personality at Hardin Valley. Though one may see only the rough competitive nature at sporting events or the 21st century cheerleaders on the side lines, there is a quieter, calmer side within the back hallways and back rooms of Hardin Valley where book club may pour over a new novel, or green actors sharpen their trade, or newspaper jots down the newest headline. Hardin Valley is complete and wholistic; but trust me, without its own flaws. But even the best have a few bumps and scraps, right?
Hardin Valley Academy is nothing short of a unique high school. What I love about this school is the amount of detail paid to helping students finding their interests and gearing them towards academic study related to their interests. Students can pick through 4 different academies, with each representing: business/law, health sciences, STEM, or liberal arts. This helped get students and teachers with like minds in the same classroom. Many of the teachers there are young UT grads that have great flexible personalities and really look out for each student. The school goes out of their way to bring about school pride, programs, clubs, and activities that students can participate in. In my experience, I was never a popular or even liked school, but definitely made many friends here and felt like I belonged. I was told upon entering that if I played my cards right, I would have a wonderful experience. Keeping this in mind, I made sure I worked hard, and I left with more than I ever hoped.