Hardin Valley Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-281 Students
- C+94 Students
- B87 Students
- B-81 Students
- B-73 Students
- A+66 Students
- B43 Students
- C+40 Students
- B+33 Students
- B29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Hardin Valley Academy Reviews
Hardin Valley Academy is nothing short of a unique high school. What I love about this school is the amount of detail paid to helping students finding their interests and gearing them towards academic study related to their interests. Students can pick through 4 different academies, with each representing: business/law, health sciences, STEM, or liberal arts. This helped get students and teachers with like minds in the same classroom. Many of the teachers there are young UT grads that have great flexible personalities and really look out for each student. The school goes out of their way to bring about school pride, programs, clubs, and activities that students can participate in. In my experience, I was never a popular or even liked school, but definitely made many friends here and felt like I belonged. I was told upon entering that if I played my cards right, I would have a wonderful experience. Keeping this in mind, I made sure I worked hard, and I left with more than I ever hoped.
Like all other high schools there are cliches, but overall I had a good experience at Hardin Valley Academy. HVA's academics are some of the strongest in the state, being ranked at number 4 my sophomore year. For the most part, I was fortunate to have good teachers. There was a lot of variety in options of clubs and activities. Due to HVA only being 10 years old there isn't a whole lot of school culture established. The sports are mediocre, but that could be due to the school being young. Parent involvement is beyond exceptional, there are always parents at the school working and helping. The diversity has increased from what it was my freshman year. Due to HVA's strong academics, I feel you are more than ready for college. I always felt safe at school and the administration was there for assistance most if not all the time. Due to the school being only 10 years old there facilities are state of the art.
Hardin Valley is a very pristine public school. It is nationally regarded for its high test scores and student success. The school itself is very beautiful with a modern design featuring a wall of glass windows and its signature slanted roof. On the downside, the school is very large, bursting at the seems with over two thousand students. This creates a lot of issues alone. Classrooms are full, can become very hot, and the surplus of students can make learning more difficult as well has hinder an individual's ability to learn.