Hardin Valley Academy is a highly rated, public school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 1,954 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Hardin Valley Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-344 Students
- B121 Students
- B-114 Students
- B104 Students
- B104 Students
- A+72 Students
- B60 Students
- B-56 Students
- B42 Students
- B36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Hardin Valley Academy Reviews
Hardin Valley Academy has been an amazing school for our kids. I love that they have academies within the school—business/law/public affairs, STEM, medical sciences, liberal arts— and seniors can do extra work and projects to get the academy’s “endorsement.” This distinguishes your student from others applying to college and is well regarded by many universities and colleges as a differentiator.
Hardin Valley is a great school that offers so many opportunities that other high schools don't! The teachers are so amazing, and the whole staff is so helpful in getting through the tough times that come with being in high school.
Hardin Valley is unlike any other school I know. It is quirky and jovial. There is a different type of personality at Hardin Valley. Though one may see only the rough competitive nature at sporting events or the 21st century cheerleaders on the side lines, there is a quieter, calmer side within the back hallways and back rooms of Hardin Valley where book club may pour over a new novel, or green actors sharpen their trade, or newspaper jots down the newest headline. Hardin Valley is complete and wholistic; but trust me, without its own flaws. But even the best have a few bumps and scraps, right?