Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Hardin High School is a public school located in Hardin, TX. It has 353 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Hardin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-35 Students
- B34 Students
- B-28 Students
- A+25 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-21 Students
- B+21 Students
- A+16 Students
- B12 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Hardin High School
- B-Dayton High School
- Dayton Independent School District, TX
- 207 reviews
- C+West Hardin High School
- West Hardin County Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 23 reviews
- B-Hull-Daisetta High School
- Hull-Daisetta Independent School District, TX
- 8 reviews
- BLiberty High School
- Liberty Independent School District, TX
- 53 reviews
Hardin High School Reviews
Hardin High School is a small school in a small conservative town. Unfortunately, rules and dress codes are gender-specific and outdated. Administration irresponsibly spends money on sports team uniforms and equipment instead of buying new textbooks to replace the 25 year old ones that are falling apart. Despite the lack of economic support, the teachers are able to suffice and teach; several of them are amazing, while other just sit behind their desks. The math department as a whole is behind, with students still not understanding basic algebra when they are seniors and juniors. I fear most students are not on par with college expectations.
Some of the things I liked about Hardin High School is the school spirit around homecoming. The Traveling Hornet organization is great to join because they travel to New York and get to tour different landmarks. I like being part of a small class and the closeness that we have. Some of the things I that I think could use improvements are more organizations to join. Better organization for project graduation with the parents and community.
I love HHS! Yes, the school has its cons, but overall it's great. The majority of the people in the school are the same people I have grown up with since kindergarten. We have experienced everything together and I will forever cherish the memories I've made with them. Everyone is so close and friendly with one another. I love my school.