Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Hardee Senior High School is a public school located in Wauchula, FL. It has 1,401 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Hardee Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A199 Students
- grade A184 Students
- grade A+166 Students
- grade C163 Students
- grade A137 Students
- grade B+123 Students
- grade B98 Students
- grade B90 Students
- grade B+86 Students
- grade A+72 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responses
- Spirit Week16%
- Spirit Week16%
- Pep rallies6%
- They are all Horrible6%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,407 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Hardee Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.47 out of 5 153 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I like that the school is very small so everyone basically knows each other. It’s at great, small little community with some amazing teachers. Also the entire staff is very encouraging. You can tell that the administration cares very much about every single one of their student. They put in a lot of to try and get you on the best possible path. The staff places recommendations and tell you about opportunities they feel you would like. However I would like to see a greater amount of clubs. As well as a place that would allow for more student involvement in decision makings. Rules and regulations can seem unnecessary to the students. Allowing for student involvement in some decision makings would allow basic representation of what everyone would like to see. Therefore a happier environment on campus. Finally, I would like to see a greater variety of higher level classes. The AP options at this school are very limited and greater variety could allow for further college preparations.
I have gone to Hardee Senior High School since I was a freshmen, and have always had a great connection with teachers and staff. The staff have been a major influence on me because they have helped me get into college and apply for scholarships. However, the school could use multiple improvements to not only benefit students but all of the Hardee Senior High staff. Some of the major improvements that could benefit Hardee Senior High include things such as facilities, which would mainly be beneficial towards students. And one thing that would greatly improve the school would be the lunch which both teachers and students would benefit from since students would actually eat the food.
It's nice because they give you alot of freedom. Only problem is problems like the girls bathroom being full of mosquitoes takes forever to be resolved and some of the teachers and administration are pretty rude. Other than that, the high school experience overall is alotof fun. The activities, sports games, and events are really fun. Classes like medical and jrotc offer scholarships and money.