Harborfields High School is a top rated, public school located in Greenlawn, NY. It has 1,074 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
98 Taylor Ave
Greenlawn, NY 11740
Work Here? Claim Your School
Harborfields High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A99 Students
- A-78 Students
- A68 Students
- A+67 Students
- A64 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+57 Students
- B+48 Students
- A-45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Harborfields High School
- ACommack High School
- Commack Union Free School District, NY
- 724 reviews
- AWellington C. Mepham High School
- Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District, NY
- 217 reviews
- A+Wheatley School
- East Williston Union Free School District, NY
- 93 reviews
- A+Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School
- Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District, NY
- 234 reviews
Harborfields High School Reviews
I am currently a Junior at HHS and have an academically rigorous schedule. Many AP classes are offered, and the teachers care about their students and prepare them well for the exams. There is a good selection of clubs. HHS is not a large school. Two things that are not ideal are the layout and the food. The school is essentially one long twisted hallway, with a cafeteria and gym the middle and second floors at each end. This causes certain points to be frequently congested with a high volume of students all trying to go through at the same time. The food is good but can use improvement. These are only minor though. The teachers really care about their students succeeding and enjoy teaching. Overall, I am impressed with the school and proud to be a part of it.
Harborfields was a great school for my 4 years of attendance. The class selection was challenging and I did well. My grade point average is 3.8. I enjoyed the music program. I am in the symphony orchestra, the chamber orchestra and Tri-M. the music honor society. My teachers were helpful and I made many friends. I will miss High School, but am so looking forward to having the college experience and continuing with my music.
I've attended Harborfields schools since kindergarten. The high school is great. The teachers are very encouraging and always there for the students. The kids are all like a family to one another since we have all grown up together. The school offers a wide variety of AP classes, as well as electives. There are many clubs to join and I have loved being a part of the Tornado News Team and broadcasting live varsity games for the community via our website.