Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Harborfields High School is a top rated, public school located in Greenlawn, NY. It has 1,061 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Harborfields High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-130 Students
- A-104 Students
- A81 Students
- A80 Students
- A+79 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+74 Students
- B68 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Harborfields High School
- A+Commack High School
- Commack Union Free School District, NY
- 782 reviews
- A+Wellington C. Mepham High School
- Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District, NY
- 240 reviews
- A+Wheatley School
- East Williston Union Free School District, NY
- 100 reviews
- A+Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School
- Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District, NY
- 256 reviews
Harborfields High School Reviews
I am currently a Junior at HHS and have an academically rigorous schedule. Many AP classes are offered, and the teachers care about their students and prepare them well for the exams. There is a good selection of clubs. HHS is not a large school. Two things that are not ideal are the layout and the food. The school is essentially one long twisted hallway, with a cafeteria and gym the middle and second floors at each end. This causes certain points to be frequently congested with a high volume of students all trying to go through at the same time. The food is good but can use improvement. These are only minor though. The teachers really care about their students succeeding and enjoy teaching. Overall, I am impressed with the school and proud to be a part of it.
Harborfields High School is a place where you won’t be afraid to express yourself. Although there is a moderate amount of vaping in the school, it feels like a safe place where you can get involved with whatever you choose to without being judged. Plus, academics are great and there are some high-caliber teachers who work there.
Harborfields was a great school for my 4 years of attendance. The class selection was challenging and I did well. My grade point average is 3.8. I enjoyed the music program. I am in the symphony orchestra, the chamber orchestra and Tri-M. the music honor society. My teachers were helpful and I made many friends. I will miss High School, but am so looking forward to having the college experience and continuing with my music.