Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade unavailable
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Harbor Creek Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Harborcreek, PA. It has 699 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Harbor Creek Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B145 Students
- grade A+96 Students
- grade B94 Students
- grade C+84 Students
- grade B minus84 Students
- grade A62 Students
- grade B61 Students
- grade B minus34 Students
- grade A+31 Students
- grade B minus28 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responses
- Homecoming Week31%
- Prep rallies17%
- Scholar athlete breakfast, program, & t-shirt11%
- Cafeteria Ladies' Day8%
- Pep rallies6%
- Volleyball games6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,080 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 24 responses
Schools like Harbor Creek Senior High School
- grade A minusNorth East High School
- North East School District, PA
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 117 reviews
- grade B+Fort Leboeuf Senior High School
- Fort LeBoeuf School District, PA
- Rating 4.25 out of 5 143 reviews
- grade B+McDowell High School
- Millcreek Township School District, PA
- PK, 9-12
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 516 reviews
- grade C+Seneca High School
- Wattsburg Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 104 reviews
Harbor Creek Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.9 out of 5 164 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I love the school spirit, all of the dedication and hardwork. I love seeing how people have put others before themselves as well. In academics, sports, and extracurriculars, my classmates have not failed me to always help when needed and least expected! Some high schools I've heard are bad and some I've heard are good. No matter what I or the others say about Harbor Creek High School, I genuinely think it's a pretty great school. And over these past four years it has made me into the person I am today and has become a third home to me. I'll be sad when it's time to leave this place, truly high school can be the best four years of your life, thank you Harborcreek!
My years at Harborcreek we’re OK academic wise. I do not feel they did a lot to prepare kids for college and a lot of the teachers are terrible, especially in regards to the lower math courses, algebra and algebra II. In order to prepare students they need to replace teachers that don’t care about teaching! I also feel like more emphasis is placed on sports than academics.
Harbor Creek is an amazing public school, as far as amazing goes the teachers are very supportive and caring. All through my high school career I had the teachers help at the open of a door. There was always clubs that students could attend and students were encouraged to start clubs if they weren't available. All students were accepted and given the same expectations. Students who decided to go the technical way for school were encouraged by teachers who took us on field trips to explore options for future job possibilities. We were involved in special programs that encouraged healthy eating. We also had classes that prepared students for college and the expectations that colleges held.