Harbor Beach Community High School is a public, magnet school located in Harbor Beach, MI. It has 243 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Harbor Beach Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B174 Students
- B+119 Students
- B105 Students
- B88 Students
- A+87 Students
- B-72 Students
- A+64 Students
- B+60 Students
- B+38 Students
- B+36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Harbor Beach Community High School Reviews
Harbor Beach High School is a small school right on the tip of the thumb of Michigan. While there are wonderful opportunities for dual enrollment and attending a technical center, Harbor Beach lacks acceptance. With the majority of the school's population being straight, white, upper-middle class Catholics, there isn't much experience with anyone different. On multiple occasions I've heard, racial, homophobic, sexist, and ablest slurs come from the mouths of my peers. Trying to inform people on my own is a big job. I think if they really wanted to improve they start teaching a mandatory acceptance course because I think the students need it.
It is run very smoothly, but has a few teachers that could use improvements. It is very safe and spirited, but can be unwelcoming to some because it is so small. The college readiness is great, but can be seen as overwhelming and unbeneficial to those who know they are entering the work force after graduation rather than going to college. Everyone is very involved in everything because we are so small.
Athletics, I loved the athletic programs at Harbor Beach. Football team is dominant, as well as soccer, baseball, etc. All the teachers were fun and interesting. Principals were fun and interactive. We were very privileged and spoiled students.