Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Harbor Beach Community High School is a public, magnet school located in Harbor Beach, MI. It has 208 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 10% in reading.
Harbor Beach Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B192 Students
- B132 Students
- B117 Students
- B-101 Students
- A98 Students
- B-87 Students
- A+72 Students
- B+64 Students
- B+49 Students
- B+45 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Harbor Beach Community High School Reviews
Based in a small town two blocks from the beach, this down-to-earth school is filled with teachers who wandered these halls themselves as students. The teachers are full of love for students and there are many agricultural and educational opportunities. My only complaint is that a small student body can sometimes limit organizations and can increase social "growing pains". However, we just updated our library and many other school facilities make our school feel safe and warm.
My time at Harbor Beach High School has been great! Each year, this school works to improve and help all of its students reach their full potential!
Harbor Beach High School is a small school right on the tip of the thumb of Michigan. While there are wonderful opportunities for dual enrollment and attending a technical center, Harbor Beach lacks acceptance. With the majority of the school's population being straight, white, upper-middle class Catholics, there isn't much experience with anyone different. On multiple occasions I've heard, racial, homophobic, sexist, and ablest slurs come from the mouths of my peers. Trying to inform people on my own is a big job. I think if they really wanted to improve they start teaching a mandatory acceptance course because I think the students need it.