Hansen Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in HANSEN, ID. It has 132 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Hansen Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-28 Students
- B27 Students
- A-19 Students
- B17 Students
- B-13 Students
- B+12 Students
- A9 Students
- B+9 Students
- A+5 Students
- B-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Hansen Junior/Senior High School
- B-Canyon Ridge High School
- Twin Falls School District, ID
- 178 reviews
- B-Valley School
- Valley School District, ID
- PK, K-12
- 27 reviews
- B-Murtaugh Schools
- Murtaugh Joint School District, ID
- PK, K-12
- 2 reviews
- C+Filer High School
- Filer School District, ID
- 81 reviews
Hansen Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Hansen Jr./Sr. High School is a fine establishment choice for education in the Magic Valley Idaho area. The staff and students are all friendly and always willing to help with any questions you may have. Students are sure to find both many friends and opportunities to learn. The only downside is the lack of fine arts classes. Many students such as myself find ourselves disappointed when we graduate from the elementary to the high school due to the absence of art. Overall, however, this school is an experience I would recommend for any student.
I came to Hansen about 4 years ago as a freshman. At first I always had the thought in the back of my head of "what if they don't accept me". I got here and I was surprised. People in the south didn't treat others near as nice as this. Everybody was saying "hi" and treating me like they would have wanted to be treated. I fit right in with everybody, but that wasn't the only great thing about this school. Since it is small the teachers are easier to get in touch with. I was able to go to any teacher at any time during school to talk to them about assignments, grades, and anything else. Teachers also kept a look at all of the students grades and kept us updated so we knew what we needed to work on. Everyone has always said that High school is not what you expect, and its not at all. I am just glad that I got to spend my High school years here because it has been a great learning situation for me.
I loved Hansen High School because the teachers and the staff are great at teaching the students what they need to know. Hansen was the top school for academics for the south magic valley district in 2017. I had a Great time for the four years that I was there and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's a very small school. There might only be about 140 Students but that's what makes Hansen so great. You get lots and lots of 1 on 1 help from the teachers this way.