Hanover Park High School is a highly rated, public school located in East Hanover, NJ. It has 829 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Hanover Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A146 Students
- B103 Students
- A-97 Students
- A-91 Students
- A91 Students
- A+87 Students
- A+52 Students
- B51 Students
- B49 Students
- A+44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Hanover Park High School
- AWhippany Park High School
- Hanover Park Regional High School District, NJ
- 128 reviews
- A-Roxbury High School
- Roxbury Township School District, NJ
- 232 reviews
- AWayne Hills High School
- Wayne Township Public School District, NJ
- 215 reviews
- AGlen Rock High School
- Glen Rock Board of Education, NJ
- 139 reviews
Hanover Park High School Reviews
I’ve been going to HP for 3 years now and I really like the connection that all the students and teachers have and the family that we have built with one another. I also love the school spirit we have. If makes you excited to go to football games and dress up and go all out because you know everyone is doing it too and they take it VERY seriously. I think the only thing I would like to see change is the air conditioning/ heating systems. In the summer, the classrooms are blazing unless they have one of the few air conditioners on campus. And in the winter months, the classrooms are freezing even if you are bundled up. Very few if any classrooms have heaters so I think it would be a great improvement to overall if we had access to heaters/AC units.
Throughout my four years I have met some amazing teachers and staff members. However, I often felt the general focus of Hanover Park was somewhat disappointing. Athletics are superb, but other groups can be overshadowed. AP classes only focus on the test, not the learning experience. Mostly, many classes give "busy work" rather than assigning truly beneficial work. Overall however, this school has a good environment, great opportunities, and amazing school spirit.
My experiences at Hanover Park were nothing short of amazing. From the day I walked through those doors as a freshman, I knew this was home. The school bond everyone has is truly amazing. We are one big family, we always support one another. Hanover Park has given me so many experiences that I probably wouldn't have received at a typical high school. Although the campus was unconventional, it showed us how to appreciate everything much more. At times there were hardships and many nights of aggravation, but I honestly couldn't imagine going to high school anywhere else.