Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Hanover Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Colorado Springs, CO. It has 128 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Hanover Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-11 Students
- C11 Students
- B-9 Students
- B-8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B-7 Students
- B-6 Students
- C4 Students
- C+4 Students
- B4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Hanover Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Hanover Junior/Senior High School
- CEllicott Senior High School
- Ellicott School District No. 22, CO
- 64 reviews
- C+Mesa Ridge High School
- Widefield School District 3, CO
- 341 reviews
- B+Fountain-Fort Carson High School
- Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8, CO
- 355 reviews
- B+Edison Junior/Senior High School
- Edison Joint School District No. 54, CO
- 20 reviews
Hanover Junior/Senior High School Reviews
There are only a few classes that I would describe as exceptional, which was entirely due to having a good teacher. Only students already at the top of their classes were pushed academically. Clubs were cut my sophomore year, which left you with music/theater, sports, or honors societies. The culture was terrible, no one supported sports teams and everyone treated each other like an academic competitor. Many people were caught cheating and nothing was done. School is severely underfunded and relies on businesses for donations. With these donations they purchased a 3-d printer, laser engraver, etc that are ineffectively implemented in class, if at all. Theater arts and music programs rely on parent fundraising groups. School is full of racist, homophobic kids and only now are they trying to be more diverse.
Its a small school, in a growing and up and coming town. Sports and extra curricular clubs are fun and inclusive. Teachers are caring and listen to the students and their concerns. We have been able to attend in person throughout this fall even with COVID because the staff wants to see us in person and teach hands on. I feel like the school as a whole has all adults from janitors to counselors all wanting the same goal which is the success of the students.
Hanover has a great English and history program but sadly our history teacher will be retiring this year. The food here is pretty good. We embrace our school colors a lot, with having blue and yellow walls everywhere. As well, we also have murals of hornets painted around the school. All the pictures of previous athletic programs are hung up on the walls but our sports aren't that good. The last time track went to state was when our history teacher was still coaching. Our math program is pretty great. The high school math teacher has a great understanding of what he is teaching.