Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesD-
Hanover-Horton High School is a public school located in Horton, MI. It has 368 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Hanover-Horton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A103 Students
- C-74 Students
- B+72 Students
- A+63 Students
- B+58 Students
- B-56 Students
- B53 Students
- B-37 Students
- B22 Students
- B+22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Hanover-Horton High School
- B-Columbia Central High School
- Columbia School District, MI
- 97 reviews
- B-Northwest High School
- Northwest Community Schools, MI
- 191 reviews
- B-Hillsdale High School
- Hillsdale Community Schools, MI
- 52 reviews
- B-Homer Community High School
- Homer Community School District, MI
- 37 reviews
Hanover-Horton High School Reviews
It has always been a up and down kind of style at Hanover Horton. Sometimes there are times of slower moments like review sessions and classes that is self driven by you. Other times we have periods of a lot work and stress. In reality though, that's a lot what college and life in general will be like. I like the diversity of sports and classes based on what you want to get into. Even the resources for help in classes are lacking such as tutoring and teacher-student help, it is a relatively nice school to attend.
Overall my experience at Hanover-Horton has been great. I have attended this school since kindergarten and I couldn't imagine going to any other school. The teachers are great and the school offers many great tools. The only bad thing about my school is that because of how little students attend and the amount of staff we have, we aren't able to offer a lot of extra electives.
The teachers are always willing to stay after school to help students, but other resources are lacking. The counselor is severely overworked.