Hanover High School is a top rated, public school located in Hanover, NH. It has 750 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Hanover High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-101 Students
- A+73 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+58 Students
- A-57 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+45 Students
- A44 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Hanover High School
- A-Woodstock Union High School
- Woodstock Union High School District, VT
- 79 reviews
- B+Lebanon High School
- Lebanon School District, NH
- 118 reviews
- B-Rivendell Academy
- Rivendell Interstate School District, NH
- 56 reviews
- B-Hartford High School
- Hartford School District, VT
- 59 reviews
Hanover High School Reviews
My biggest takeaway from HHS was how prepared I felt for college compared to other students I met as a college freshman. In regards to organization, scheduling, and workload expectations, HHS was very effective in preparing me for higher level education. One thing I would like to see improved however, is some teachers attitudes towards students. While some teachers were invested in my success, others seemed indifferent at best and did not focus on making sure the student's needs were considered.
I really loved some of the teachers at Hanover High School. Ever since freshman year, I've had at least one teacher who I felt like I could ALWAYS talk to whenever I had a problem, whether it was related to school or not. Having a teacher that a student can always talk to is really helpful and really important. Some students don't realize how powerful it is to have a connection with a teacher and don't get to experience that but I'm happy that I was able to experience connections with some of my teachers at HHS.
Hanover High School gives you 110% of what you put into it. If you know how to self-advocate and manage your time well, HHS can be heaven. If you let yourself be caught up in the flow of Ivy League-bound robots, it can become your own personal hell. The teachers run from pretty bad to life-changingly wonderful, with extremely strong English, language, and math programs. Social studies and the sciences are a very mixed bag as far as how much you will enjoy your time in and out of the classroom, but each teacher is passionate about his or her field.