Hanover Central High School is a public school located in Cedar Lake, IN. It has 680 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Hanover Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+114 Students
- A102 Students
- B97 Students
- B+70 Students
- B-58 Students
- B-54 Students
- B+52 Students
- A-36 Students
- B28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Hanover Central High School
- BBoone Grove High School
- Porter Township School Corporation, IN
- 148 reviews
- B+Grant Park High School
- Grant Park Community Unit School District No. 6, IL
- 34 reviews
- B-Hebron High School
- Metropolitan School District of Boone Township, IN
- 65 reviews
- B+Wheeler High School
- Union Township School Corporation, IN
- 100 reviews
Hanover Central High School Reviews
Hanover Central High School is a very welcoming school. The staff work with students under all circumstances. From the principal, to the athletic director, to the janitors, all of the staff at Hanover Central work very hard every day to give students the education they deserve. Hanover Central could improve on the school size. With incoming classes getting bigger and bigger, the hallways are becoming more crammes and difficult to navigate. Other than that, Hanover Central has given and continues to give me a very well rounded education that will carry over into college, and into my future career.
As a student at Hanover Central High School, I can definitely say it's been a positive experience so far. Since freshman year, I have taken a variety of elective courses in many areas, all of which have helped me decide what I want to do in my future. The teachers make themselves available whenever possible and do so much to help out all their students. The staff does a great job at making sure us students have a safe, clean, up-to-date, and positive environment to learn in. The wide variety of extracurriculars such as sports and clubs offer much opportunity for each student. No matter how well you do in school, or how much you excel in a certain sport or art, there is something for everyone, and you will be sure to find your niche.
I came in new as a Sophomore and was accepted immediately. I found family with my teammates in sports as well as student council members. Teachers challenged me and encouraged me to follow the Honors 40 Diploma. I made it and am now in college working towards my Nursing Degree. Hanover helped prepare me for this with their excellent EMS class and teacher, Mr. Viehman. Not too many schools in the area offer that and it has given me an edge in my nursing classes. Thank you HCHS!