Hanford High School is a highly rated, public school located in Richland, WA. It has 1,911 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Hanford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A252 Students
- A+246 Students
- B-162 Students
- C147 Students
- B121 Students
- B+121 Students
- A-83 Students
- A-74 Students
- B+69 Students
- NG61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Hanford High School Reviews
Hanford is the school that provides you with many opportunities ranging from letting your voice be heard to even starting your own little club. The teacher’s there make the school a very welcoming environment that allows students to be themselves, I really enjoy being part of our falcon family! What I mostly love about Hanford is that we have our AVID program which I am proud to be a part of, AVID is a college rediness class that gives you the opportunity too mentally and physically prepare for college. They give us the opportunity to visit colleges around our area and help us find the college for us, I am thankful to be a part of our community we have in our school!
I absolutely love attending Hanford High School. There are so many different things you can be a part of, the school spirit is amazing, and you meet so many different people. I have been in the marching band since sophomore year when I moved here, and they are like my second family. Sporting events are always packed, and there is an enormous amount of school spirit! We have an amazing staff that is always willing to help students in need or that are struggling, and its visible every day.
I started as a transfer student my freshman year and felt an amazing sense of family right away. I was welcomed with open arms into the student body! Hanford is not only a very diverse school, but it is beyond accepting. After acclimating to high school I was eager to try out one of the over 40 clubs at Hanford. My junior year I enrolled in Leadership because I wanted to give back to the school that welcomed me so warmly! My senior year I decided to run for Executive Council. I got the position! Not only is it fun, but everyone works so hard to put on events simply because they love the student body and Admin! The teachers and admin at Hanford are phenomenal. I know every admin by name, which I think is unique for a high school. They all truly care to see their students succeed and will to anything to help us in any way we need. From staying late to tutor us, to supervising dances just because they know their students want to have fun! They are the reason Hanford feels like home.