Handley High School is a public school located in Roanoke, AL. It has 479 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Handley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+112 Students
- B105 Students
- A94 Students
- A87 Students
- A84 Students
- B51 Students
- C+48 Students
- B45 Students
- C-41 Students
- B-36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Handley High School Reviews
My experience with Handley High School was absolutely great! I had amazing administrators, that helped me get through my high school years. They always cared about our safety, academics, sports, health, and pretty much anything they knew they could help us withstand. My school is also awarded for bronze of the State of Alabama. I would recommend Handley High over any other high school in the State of Alabama.
Handley was one of the first schools in our area to go one-to-one with laptops for students; additionally, they issue backpacks to each student so everyone has a high-quality backpack for his or her computer. It is, overall, a great school that cares about students in their current growth and future success; the teachers take the time to know students and ensure every student has the chance to succeed. Additionally, they have quality coaches for all sports and phenomenal music and drama programs.
Over the past four years, Handley High School has helped shape me into the strong-willed, hard-working individual that I am today. We have so many great extracurricular activities that allow students to become involved in something positive and build lasting friendships. The faculty and staff is dedicated to preparing us for life after high school. Our counselor makes a huge effort to aid each student in creating a plan for their future. We have a resource officer that ensures our safety each day and escorts our sports teams to every event. In ninth grade, we start a teacher advisory program (TAP), and are assigned a teacher that serves as a mentor for all four years of high school. This has made a significant impact on my success and at HHS. When I walk out of the doors of the front office of Handley High in May for the last time, I feel confident that I will be prepared for whatever lies ahead.