Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Hancock Central High School is a public school located in Sparta, GA. It has 235 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+48 Students
- B40 Students
- A+36 Students
- C33 Students
- C+31 Students
- C+27 Students
- B-22 Students
- B21 Students
- C+21 Students
- B+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Hancock Central High School Reviews
I have had a good high school experience, with many opportunities to join clubs and be involved. I participated in NHS, InterAct club, student council, and sports. One thing I didn't like about Hancock were some of the teachers. There were a select few that didn't teach very well. However, they were fired after my first two years of high school. Other than that, I love how kind and happy our school is, and the amount of pride and school spirit that everyone shows.
My school is not a bad school, despite what other people may believe about it. There are minimum disciplinary issues, rarely any cases of bullying, or gang violence. There is the occasional fight, and there are always students who disrespect authority, but that is honestly a problem at almost every school you go to. Our athletic standing is average. We do not dominate sports but we are also not at the very bottom of rankings. The biggest problem with our school is our administration. The success of the school is dependent on both the students and the administration. We are not happy with the current administration, and it is affecting the attitude of the school. And when I say we, it includes both teachers and students. Our breakfasts and lunches are also a big issue, because the food that we are served is not exactly the best. Other than those two issues, I believe my school is at best described as average with room to improve.
My experience for the most part at Hancock central has been terrible. The one thing I like the most about my school is of course my peers. I would like to see Hancock central drastically change over the course of the years for the better. The school needs better food, faculty , staff , administration, education, and more school activities. We have one of the lowest percentage rates in math and reading , yet we graduate over 90% of students. How is this possible? I demand a change either I have to do it myself or with company.