Hanceville High School is a public school located in Hanceville, AL. It has 381 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Hanceville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-55 Students
- A40 Students
- A33 Students
- B+28 Students
- A23 Students
- B22 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-19 Students
- B17 Students
- B17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Hanceville High School Reviews
What i liked about Hanceville High School was the atmosphere. For the most part everyone was different, but got along pretty good. The teachers are always willing to help in any way. When i started at Hanceville in Middle School I was considered homeless, by the end of the first month they gave me a bed to sleep on, put me in a program to get me cloths, and stayed in touch to make sure everything was ok. Once again i was homeless in high school they took care of what they could to help me succeed. I wouldn't ask to have come from any other community, school, or back ground. I owe a huge thank u to my high school and middle school. I wouldn't have graduated had they not cared for my well being.
I am fixing to graduate from this school and I must say that the education I have received from here is amazing. Some might be annoyed with how they run this place but the faculty only does what they find right for their students. They care so much about our future and where we will end up. On top of all of this, the school is quite small so that gives the students some one on one time with teachers and becoming close with classmates.
I loved that all the teachers cared enough to see their students succeed. I liked that we had different school activities, organizations, and sports to be involved in. I liked that our school was a small city school that way everybody knew each other.